Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Reproduction RPO Label

Indycar22

Corvette
2000 Convertible
I contacted ECSVin as the forum suggested. The label on mynewly acquired 2000 Convertible was removed by a previous owner and I wanted toreplace it. ECS said at first, because I was not a commercial enterprise, theywould not sell to me. Then they said that they can only replicate what isalready there. I explained that there was nothing there. I asked if I got thethe build sheet and window sticker from the museum if they could make one fromthat. They said they don't know how to read either and would not know whatcodes to put on the label.<o:p></o:p>
I contacted Betty at the museum and she said that ECS wastheir source and she couldn't help me. Ifind it very hard to believe that even the museum with all their expertise,can't tell me from the build sheet or window sticker, what codes should go onthe label. If all ECS can do is print from a picture, then what is the point?Thank you for taking the time to respond.<o:p></o:p>
So now I'm stuckunless someone can point me towards a better solution.<o:p></o:p>
Any guidance would begreatly appreciated.:)<o:p></o:p>

Not sure why the Corvette Forum guys sent you this way for help

Removing RPO Code Label from Glove Box Door - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

but welcome!

I don't know either. All I am looking for is a company that can make me a replacement label. Someone before me already solved this issue of getting the old one off.
This is what I was sent by a forum member and being new to all this, I though maybe Corvette Action Center was a brick and motor place where help could found. IE:
Here is what I would do: I would contact the the Corvette Action Center via phone when ordering build sheet and window sticker. Then explain to them that the RPO Label is missing from your car, you have a reputable source for a replacement and you would like to know if someone there can give you all of the codes that's deciphered from the build sheet / window sticker and ask them if they could enclose the codes on a Action Center letter head so when you send or fax it to ECS they have a legitimate document to work off of.

Barry

You might want to contact the Corvette museum,and request a build sheet for you Corvette.You may be able to have the RPO sheet remade from that.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

There are some that you probably won't be able to get from the build sheet like these from my 2000....

BGR Bowling Green Plant Processing
DL5 Decal, Roadside Service Information
FE9 Certification, Federal Emission
NF2 Emission System, Federal, Tier 1
UV7 Windshield Antenna
V73 Vehicle Statement, US/Canada

these are directly from my 2000's sticker. You will probably be able to get very close if you do your research.
Check with others to see what is on their stickers vs what is really on the car. Good Luck.
Andy :w

I don't know either. All I am looking for is a company that can make me a replacement label. Someone before me already solved this issue of getting the old one off.
This is what I was sent by a forum member and being new to all this, I though maybe Corvette Action Center was a brick and motor place where help could found. IE:
Here is what I would do: I would contact the the Corvette Action Center via phone when ordering build sheet and window sticker. Then explain to them that the RPO Label is missing from your car, you have a reputable source for a replacement and you would like to know if someone there can give you all of the codes that's deciphered from the build sheet / window sticker and ask them if they could enclose the codes on a Action Center letter head so when you send or fax it to ECS they have a legitimate document to work off of.

Barry

Sounds like the guy on CF is confused. Obviously this website is not a store of any type, it's an enthusiasts forum like CF itself but much nicer. ;)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom