Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C5 wiper/washer stalk removal

vettsrus

Corvette
C5
Can anyone provide a tutorial or manual on removing the washer/wiper stalk and replacing it. My switch is bad and continuously runs washer pump unless I put a slight pressure on it toward the steering wheel. Had it apart the last time it acted up like this by pulling the button out on the end of the stick and found some very small parts within the switch that didn't appear to be fixable or adjustable. Thank you.

Can anyone provide a tutorial or manual on removing the washer/wiper stalk and replacing it. My switch is bad and continuously runs washer pump unless I put a slight pressure on it toward the steering wheel. Had it apart the last time it acted up like this by pulling the button out on the end of the stick and found some very small parts within the switch that didn't appear to be fixable or adjustable. Thank you.

Just replaced mine a couple months ago, do a youtube search on it (YouTube) The vid is to replace the multifunction switch, but it covers getting the steering column accessable to pull the washer/wiper stalk out. The only scary part was removing the top part of the column cover, the vid makes it look easy, but it wasn't for me and took me a while to get it out by twisting and bending. The wire connector is almost behind the radio and very awkward to get to. Thinking back I believe it took me an hour or so to do it.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom