Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Wheel size for '91 TT?

jonstr

What was the standard wheel size for a '91? The model center shows 17x9.5 for the 1990, was it the same? Was it the same front/rear also?

Im pretty sure the OZ wheels were 17x9.5 like the stockers. The dymags were 17x10 :beer

Im pretty sure the OZ wheels were 17x9.5 like the stockers. The dymags were 17x10 :beer
Thanks Josh. Joanne @ Callaway told me they "thought" they were 17x9.5, so that is why I'm trying to confirm. I didn't know the Dymags were different.

Any way to find out the offset and backspacing? Does "like the stockers" mean that the offset and backspacing should be the same as a stock wheel too?

I always get messed up when buying wheels. I thought I had it figured out when I put a set of Torque Thrust D wheels on my '69, but they ended up sticking about 2" out of the fender wells, so I want to be sure what I'm looking for.

yes, if you go 17x9.5 the offset will be the same. If you wider on the rear (which I doubt you will based on our conversations ;) ) it will be different. If you look at a higher end wheel like an HRE, CCW etc...all you have to do is tell them you have a 91 Corvette and they can build wheels to fit the car. I believe 56mm is the correct offset.

yes, if you go 17x9.5 the offset will be the same. If you wider on the rear (which I doubt you will based on our conversations ;) ) it will be different. If you look at a higher end wheel like an HRE, CCW etc...all you have to do is tell them you have a 91 Corvette and they can build wheels to fit the car. I believe 56mm is the correct offset.

Thanks again. And you are correct - looking for stock size. Turning out to be harder to find than I thought. :ugh

Check with Callaway4Fun when he gets back from Carlisle. He bought some thin spoke OZs that I have seen used on other Callaways. His car carbon fiber but maybe he can direct you where to get some silver ones.

Here ya go man!

http://www.eliteone.com/wheels/oz.htm Looks like they are 17x10.

Futura Modular.

Pete(Callaway4Fun) has the Mito's

Thanks for the pointer. Their website didn't show up in any of my searches. Unfortunately, I called the number on the home page, and it rings into MCI con call services, which is a bad sign. I sent an email instead.

Thanks!

What was the standard wheel size for a '91? The model center shows 17x9.5 for the 1990, was it the same? Was it the same front/rear also?

17x9.5" for the Callaway Corvette however, like Surf said, the Dymags actually measure out to ~ 10" wide at all four corners.

B2K's all wore equally sized rims at each corner, stock.

I hope this helps :m

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom