Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Exhaust "trick" mod from Jay Leno

You can't beat the simplicity of pulling a fuse to make your exhaust a little louder, and a little more low end grunt!

You can't beat the simplicity of pulling a fuse to make your exhaust a little louder, and a little more low end grunt!

BUT, he missed the clever little switch you can use to control what the fuse does, right from the driver's seat.

Bob

Nothing like RESONANCE.................pulling that fuse is not a good thing if your vehicle is a daily driver.................trust me on this one.

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmm...

Nothing like RESONANCE.................pulling that fuse is not a good thing if your vehicle is a daily driver.................trust me on this one.
TRUE DAT! It would be a great way to get "Al Qaida" to talk!

The simple solution is the switch that I have. Yes, the exhaust does get old, especially on a long drive. I just push the button and bingo, back to stock. Surprised to see the fuse and even more suprised that Corvette didn't make a simple switch standard, so the owner could toggle back and forth at their will.
Bob

The best exhaust trick Jay Leno has is getting Corsa to comp a set of pipes for some "free advertising" on SPEED. That's the deal I need!

EXHAUST FUSE

It only takes less than a minute to pull the fuse. To really hear the difference, at idle, pull the fuse with the engine running. I just LOVE that throaty sound.There is an extra exhaust "Rattle" at about 1500-2000. If I get tired of the noise or want some peace on a long trip just put the fuse back in.
59-62USNVET

EXHAUST SWITCH

The simple solution is the switch that I have. Yes, the exhaust does get old, especially on a long drive. I just push the button and bingo, back to stock. Surprised to see the fuse and even more suprised that Corvette didn't make a simple switch standard, so the owner could toggle back and forth at their will.
Bob

So were did you get the switch? Is it maintained or momentary? Button or toggle? Is it rated @10 amps as is the fuse? Where did you locate it? Please share.
59-62USNVET

A better way to do it then removing the fuse

C6 Z06 Exhaust On Demand Switch, having the ability to turn you Z06 exhaust from MILD (exhaust ports closed) to WILD (exhaust ports open) using you OEM Homelink (found on your visor) or via the supplied remote.
I installed one on my ZO6 as well of my friend ZO6. It is as easy then removing the fuse and the good thing no drilling or wiring added. It does work great.

http://southerncarparts.com/exhaust-...tch-p-231.html

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom