Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

ZR6 Code GM Show Car

3rd Chance

Corvette
2005 DSOM Coupe
I'm collecting documentation on my newly purchased '05, and now understand that she was a GM Show Car at birth. Does anyone know how I can find out:

1) How many '05's have the ZR6 code
2) Does this mean she was 'hand built'
3) Does GM keep records of where and when these cars were displayed

I've already found out that she has a 'twin', born a few months later but with identical codes. That owner is also curious...

Thanks for any information you can pass along!

ZR6 coded show cars most of the time were used for "car shows" like the one in Detroit, Chicago, NY, and Cleveland. They are built for the shows, shipped to the dealer nearest the venue and then used in the show. After the show (at least here in Cleveland) the cars are distributed to dealers around the venue area who signed up to get a vehicle used in the show. These cars often get another discount from several hundred dollars to a few thousand.

If you get me the VIN # I can run an acutal invoice and it will show that info...

Oh yeah.....sorrybut not hand built.... :)

ZR6 coded show cars most of the time were used for "car shows" like the one in Detroit, Chicago, NY, and Cleveland. They are built for the shows, shipped to the dealer nearest the venue and then used in the show. After the show (at least here in Cleveland) the cars are distributed to dealers around the venue area who signed up to get a vehicle used in the show. These cars often get another discount from several hundred dollars to a few thousand.

If you get me the VIN # I can run an acutal invoice and it will show that info...

Oh yeah.....sorrybut not hand built.... :)
Thanks for the reply! Will PM VIN#, appreciate the offer to run the invoice.
I know this one was built 10/04, then auctioned to a dealer in GA 11/05, 230 miles, and was sold to a private owner. That owner kept her until 8/06 and traded her at the same dealer, then she was sold out to the dealer I purchased her from a few weeks ago.
You never know where a little detective work will take you. The "Rumors" abound (which is where the 'hand built' came from).
Thanks for the help in sorting out fact from fiction.

I ran a vehicle build sheet in the VISS part of GM dealerworld. our GM website and ZR6 is there. "ZONE SHOW VEHICLE" it is definitley a car show vehicle. It was built on 10-25-2004 order number was HNKGXK GM Prod week #37 Warranty start date is 11/18/2004 It has 2 open campaigns.... #05112 Painted roof separation
#06041 Body color roof sep (same as above)

Unfortunatley because it was ordered as a SOLD order and a car show I cant print a "Stock" vehicle invoice. I ll see what other info I can get for you. If you PM me your address I will send these sheets I have with the info I just gave you....

Rob

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom