Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Electron Blue vs. Le Mans Blue!

Electron Blue vs. Le Mans Blue

• Electron Blue

Votes: 97 46.4%
  • Le Mans Blue

Votes: 112 53.6%

• Total voters
IMG_0018-1.jpg
I voted for elctron blue, because thats the color I have.
Len

Electron Blue

A beautiful example of Electron Blue from Queens, NY. This one's a 2002 coupe
wearing CCW SP500 18" wheels. The tires are NITTO RII's.

Remo:cool

DSCN1622.jpg

And Then There's Lemans Blue

No matter what the poll says - Lemans Blue is a "drop dead" beautiful color. Here a terrific example from Toronto.

newcamera210fp8.jpg

Hey Remo,
I'm not 100% sure, But I thought all Z-06s came in Electron Blue:confused . I do know that the '02 - '04 Zs were E. Blue. Anyone know if the '01s came in Lemans Blue?

Happy Turkey Day
:w
H.D.

Hey Remo,
I'm not 100% sure, But I thought all Z-06s came in Electron Blue:confused . I do know that the '02 - '04 Zs were E. Blue. Anyone know if the '01s came in Lemans Blue?

Happy Turkey Day
H.D.

H.D. - the photo is a 2004 Commemorative Edition Z16 - all of which were painted Lemans Blue.
Here's another angle of the same car. Note the front liscence plate.
newcamera010vd9.jpg

Thanks Remo for clearing that up:). Man...that shade of blue looks so close to the E. Blue that I cannot hardly tell them a part. Thus the reason I asked the question. Maybe if they were side by side it would be more distinguishable.

Happy Thanksgiving

H.D.

Hey Remo,

Happy Turkey Day
H.D.

H.D.,

The '01 Vettes did not come in LeMans Blue. Side by side, the LeMans and the Electron Blues really are different. EB is more metallic and my favorite. Hmmm...I wonder why?!;)

Elaine

Thanks Remo for clearing that up:). Man...that shade of blue looks so close to the E. Blue that I cannot hardly tell them a part. Thus the reason I asked the question. Maybe if they were side by side it would be more distinguishable.

Happy Thanksgiving

H.D.

H.D., check out post #53 of this thread to see a side by side picture of the two.:)
Both are beautiful but I still like LB more. :D

H.D.,

The '01 Vettes did not come in LeMans Blue. Side by side, the LeMans and the Electron Blues really are different. EB is more metallic and my favorite. Hmmm...I wonder why?!;)

Elaine

Hey - that Admiral Blue (like the owner) is pretty sweet too.

Only drawback to my Electron Blue coupe is that it shows dirt as fast as I can run a 1/4!!! Only car I've ever had that was worse was my metallic black '98 Accord EXV6 coupe. However, for the 4 minutes my C5 stays clean: drop dead gorgous....altho a '04 Z06 with the striping is a knockout, too. Very different blues: EB is more intense and saturated in color speak terms.

DFO:)

Hey - that Admiral Blue (like the owner) is pretty sweet too.

Awwww...Remo, you're the best! ;)

Love ya,

Elaine

H.D. - the photo is a 2004 Commemorative Edition Z16 - all of which were painted Lemans Blue.
Here's another angle of the same car. Note the front liscence plate.
newcamera010vd9.jpg

I like the stripes. :upthumbs

I've seen them both... love both colors but I'd have to say I lean more toward the LeMans Blue. In fact, I've thought many times that my next Corvette will probably be one of those two colors.

Here's a photo of DDLS1's EB in Kentucky during CF06.

DDLS1_HPIM0954.jpg

H.D., check out post #53 of this thread to see a side by side picture of the two.:)
Both are beautiful but I still like LB more. :D

Thanks for pointing that post out to me bowtieguy.

You are right in that there is a difference in the shades of blue. I cut all of the lights off and turned up the brightness on my monitor screen. The EB looks like it is just a bit brighter. The LB looks deeper.

H.D.

Only drawback to my Electron Blue coupe is that it shows dirt as fast as I can run a 1/4!!! Only car I've ever had that was worse was my metallic black '98 Accord EXV6 coupe. However, for the 4 minutes my C5 stays clean: drop dead gorgous....altho a '04 Z06 with the striping is a knockout, too. Very different blues: EB is more intense and saturated in color speak terms.

DFO:)

Mine seems to stay fairly clean. The back of the car seems to collect all of dust and dirt after a road trip.

I love the EB when the sun hits the car. It seems as though you can reach in the paint and pickup the metallic flakes. This may be a little off topic, but another color I like is the Timberline Green Metallic Pearl coat on my pickup. It is a cool color. At night when the lights hit the truck just right, the color looks like a light gold color. Really cool.

I hear you on the black. I've had at least 6 cars/trucks that color. Really looks nice right after you wash and wax it. Problem is that it is dirty an hour later after just sitting in the driveway. The other problem is that we have a lot of minerals in our water. So, if you don't do a soft water final rinse and rush like mad to dry, the minerals show up on the paint and etch the crap out of it:eyerole.

H.D.

I think they are both great colors. I love the red and blue contrast on the exterior of my Z06. Blue is just a really cool sports car color and they don't make too many of them, so they typically do well on resale.

No no no no! Navy is the best. Very elegant.

Can you guess why I said this? It's really good at concealing tar stains on your rockers too.

Sewell, NJ

2004 Lemans Blue Convertible meets white over tan Gulf Stream.
Small001.jpg

Can you guess why I said this? It's really good at concealing tar stains on your rockers too.
Bluemill, I agree......Navy is the best! but given just the choice between EB and LB, I would have to go with the LB as my choice.
Andy Anderson

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom