Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Moving the Callaway Forum

Should the Callaway forum move from the C4 Gen. cat. to the Gen. Corvette Forums cat?

• Yes, leaving links in our familiar places

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • No, please leave it alone

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 10.0%

• Total voters

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
With the upcoming release of the Callaway C16 Corvette, and the reality that Callaway encompasses much more than just the C4 generation of Corvette, Chris and I have been talking about how to handle the Callaway Forum here at the Corvette Action Center.

Right now as you know, it's listed under the C4 generation We'd like the forum to be for the discussion of all Callaway Corvettes - C4, C5, C6, etc.

We've talked about starting multiple Callaway Forums, such as a Callaway forum in the C6 section, however, we both feel that that might not be the best idea since the Callaway group here is a small, closeknit family. It also would be redundant, and possible cause a splintering effect.

SO....my thinking is, move the Callaway Forum out from under the C4 Generation category, and under the "General Corvette Forums" category. If this were to be done, I would add a hot link under the C4 generation pointing directly to this forum.

The URL for the forum would NOT change, therefore you don't have to worry about updating bookmarks or anything like that.

Basically, I just want to maximize exposure to the Callaway forum as much as possible, without any change, to what you, the members are used to. However, I'd like to run it by the members here first, before making any changes.

So, cast your vote, and let me know your thoughts!

So Rob, right now you have it under the C6 and C4 areas. Are you talking about moving it down below C1-2 to the General Corvette Discussions?

What about a link in each generation section pointing to the same forum?

Im worried that if you put it way down the page it might get lost.

So Rob, right now you have it under the C6 and C4 areas. Are you talking about moving it down below C1-2 to the General Corvette Discussions?

Surf, what Rob & I discussed, would in essance, mirror what he did in the C6 section - a hotlink to this forum.

If another hotlink was placed in the C4 section, it would redirect us to the "Callaway Forum" still however, its physical location would be under "General Corvette" but accessable from multiple forum points.

This way, the familiar, won't lose track of how to get here, while we expand the reach of topics to more than just the C4 based cars :cool

What do you think??

Thank you for taking the time to cast our vote, it does count! :beer

• Admin

Nope. I meant placing it under this category:

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=69

Right now, the Callaway Forum exists under the C4 section. I just started a new forum, that really isn't a forum; just a hot link to this forum, from the C6 section.

I'd rather not have a bunch of links leading to the same forum.

Well it's a good idea, but lets think about this. I entirely agree that the Callaway world now encompasses a broader scope AND I agree we should be still inclusive to one forum. I will have to say though that I would feel it would NOT be as visible in the general forum listings area. Not sure if I understand the "hotlink" concept, ( a menu under C4,5,&6 GEN forums?)
Anyway this thing is growing and your timing to address it is good thinking!

To me its is not a big issue the physical link will be put under general,

But the idea of splitting the Callaway section up in different does not feel good.
I rather like all Callaway models together like it is now.

Callaway Powerfully Engineered Automobiles :upthumbs

don't you just love that slogan.

With the upcoming release of the Callaway C16 Corvette, and the reality that Callaway encompasses much more than just the C4 generation of Corvette, Chris and I have been talking about how to handle the Callaway Forum here at the Corvette Action Center.

Right now as you know, it's listed under the C4 generation We'd like the forum to be for the discussion of all Callaway Corvettes - C4, C5, C6, etc.

We've talked about starting multiple Callaway Forums, such as a Callaway forum in the C6 section, however, we both feel that that might not be the best idea since the Callaway group here is a small, closeknit family. It also would be redundant, and possible cause a splintering effect.

SO....my thinking is, move the Callaway Forum out from under the C4 Generation category, and under the "General Corvette Forums" category. If this were to be done, I would add a hot link under the C4 generation pointing directly to this forum.

The URL for the forum would NOT change, therefore you don't have to worry about updating bookmarks or anything like that.

Basically, I just want to maximize exposure to the Callaway forum as much as possible, without any change, to what you, the members are used to. However, I'd like to run it by the members here first, before making any changes.

So, cast your vote, and let me know your thoughts!

Look at the way you did the Z06. You gave the C6 Z06 its own forum. The C5 and C6 Z06 have much more in common than the C4 TT and other Callaway offerings. I think the C4 TT should be its own forum and perhaps have another forum elsewhere for all other flavors.

I agree with Tim, the C12 and C16 (I think) will not be here with very much members. Also when you put a link between the main forums (like the C6 callaway forum now) it doesn't show any topic changes and looks very empty. Doesn't look to my like many people will look there if you don't see the changes..

Groeten Peter.

I like the idea of keeping all the Callaway's together. If that means moving it to the 'General' section, then so be it, and I would also add links to the forum in the C4, C5, and C6 sections.

Another alternative would be to spool up another 'master' group (at the same level as 'General' and '1984-1996 Corvettes') and call it 'Special Interest Corvettes'. Under that you could put the Callaway group, and perhaps other 'special' groups like tuners (LPE, Rippie) or race cars.

I like the idea of keeping all the Callaway's together. If that means moving it to the 'General' section, then so be it, and I would also add links to the forum in the C4, C5, and C6 sections.

Another alternative would be to spool up another 'master' group (at the same level as 'General' and '1984-1996 Corvettes') and call it 'Special Interest Corvettes'. Under that you could put the Callaway group, and perhaps other 'special' groups like tuners (LPE, Rippie) or race cars.

Now that is an AWESOME idea!

Even higher in the list, so I wouldn't forget :)
I see the C6 callaway link is still there?

Groeten Peter.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom