Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Should "B2K" show up on my window sticker?

N

Ned Sutton

Thanks for the picture, is that wheel painted? Should the b2k option show up on the original window sticker? Once again, Thank you, Ned

Thanks for the picture, is that wheel painted? Should the b2k option show up on the original window sticker? Once again, Thank you, Ned

The key to "B2K" on a window sticker is down in the "ship to" information. Looking there, it will show "ship to: Dealer, Old Lyme, CT." which was code for the B2K's

I hope this helps :beer

If its a real B2K it will list it in the center console lid with all the other options on the car. However, the GM Build/Order sheet will not say B2K but would show Z5G Callaway Twin Turbo and it as well as the GM Window Sticker would should ship to: Callaway Cars.

All other Callaway Twin Turbo cars without that documentation were likely conversions and not factory ordered Twin Turbo cars.

I hope this helps.

-Luigi
:cool

My window sticker for the car says ship to Malcolm Konner Chevrolet Paramus NJ Thanks Ned

Look inside the center console lid for B2K. It will be there if it was ordered new with the Callaway option. There were several direct conversions that were done after the corvette was delivered new.

B2K

Look inside the center console lid for B2K. It will be there if it was ordered new with the Callaway option. There were several direct conversions that were done after the corvette was delivered new.
So if it not in the center console are you saying this is not a B2K ? Thanks Ned

So if it not in the center console are you saying this is not a B2K ? Thanks Ned
It means it was not ordered new with the Callaway Twin Turbo option. It probably was sent to Callaway after the new car was ordered from the Chev. dealer. This would make it a direct conversion.

B2K

It means it was not ordered new with the Callaway Twin Turbo option. It probably was sent to Callaway after the new car was ordered from the Chev. dealer. This would make it a direct conversion.
The corvette black book says that 184 B2k's were built. My Car is #35 out of 184. It looks to me to be a direct conversion from Malcolm konner chevorlet when new. I am confused about it not being a B2K option? Thanks for your help again. Ned

The corvette black book says that 184 B2k's were built. My Car is #35 out of 184. It looks to me to be a direct conversion from Malcolm konner chevorlet when new. I am confused about it not being a B2K option? Thanks for your help again. Ned

Ned, there were actually 188 Callaway Twin Turbo Corvettes for the 1987 model year, the Black Book is wrong.

Here are the correct figures: http://www.callawayownersgroup.com/Pages/Numbers.htm

Regarding content between the Direct Conversion Cars and an RPO B2K car. The RPO triggered SEO Z5G which got a long air dam, J55 and sport mufflers, amongst other equipment. A Direct Conversion car would have had this equipment installed (if not already on the Corvette) at the Callaway shop vs. the Bowling Green production line. Reeves Callaway went on record at Bloomington Gold in 2004 about this matter and reaffirmed the company position recently to an owner with this statment:
Reeves Callaway said:
Reeves Callaway wrote:
You are correct. Not all cars had the B2K code.
Your car is 100% a B2K automobile, and we have the complete records,
build history, and service history to verify that fact.
One of the startup inconsistencies at the beginning of the program in
late '86 and for the '87 model year, was where would the cars come
from? Before the B2K RPO could be implemented there were clearly cars
on dealer lots that would be good candidates for becoming Twin Turbo
cars. We asked dealers to send us those cars because the B2K process
was going to take some time to wind its way through the GM ordering
system. The actual B2k code specified only a couple of things: the
car was to be dropped shipped to Old Lyme, it spec'd out J55 brakes
and some other small details. It did not specify anything about being
turbocharged. It was a equipment specifier for the GM build line.
Any cars that arrived in Old Lyme without those items, were
retrofitted with them in the build process. So, all cars were
created equal by the time they left CT.

In addition, and to help this very situation, we had a B2K stamp
made, and on some cars we stamped the build ticket on the console
lid. Its a small circular B2K that clearly was hand applied. I have
the stamp. Your car may or may not have been one of those, as the
inspection process was not so locked down at that time In either caes
it doest affect the legitimacy. In fact, the presence of the B2K
code has no bearing on the price or legitimacy of the cars. The
facts are the facts. Its all part of the story.

Feel free to use this statement from me to support the sale of your car.

Reeves offered this statment to help clarify things on B2K vs. Direct Conversion cars - I hope this helps :beer

Chris, In 87 was there actually 2 brake systems? The larger brakes came as an option in 88. Not all Callaways in 88 had the larger brakes. Back in 88 when I purchased my first Callaway, I called Reeves and talked about the car I was purchasing. He stated that It had the large brakes-almost like alot of them did not. I think 87 only had one small brake system.

Chris, In 87 was there actually 2 brake systems? The larger brakes came as an option in 88. Not all Callaways in 88 had the larger brakes. Back in 88 when I purchased my first Callaway, I called Reeves and talked about the car I was purchasing. He stated that It had the large brakes-almost like alot of them did not. I think 87 only had one small brake system.

Good point - the 88+ brakes did have some differences :upthumbs

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom