Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Gravel in the cracks

Mark Glenn

Corvette
2006 z06
On my c6 z06, the horizontal seem in front of rear wheels where the fender meets the lower running board panel (below the little chrome "GM" label) is loading up with gravel, any ideas on getting the gravel out and keeping it out?

Also,
Any ideas on getting rid of the "fur balls" that appear on the bottom of the black front spoiler caused by rubbin when I pull in my driveway (do I have to move, should I get a smaller lighter wife, lol)?

On my c6 z06, the horizontal seem in front of rear wheels where the fender meets the lower running board panel (below the little chrome "GM" label) is loading up with gravel, any ideas on getting the gravel out and keeping it out?

Also,
Any ideas on getting rid of the "fur balls" that appear on the bottom of the black front spoiler caused by rubbin when I pull in my driveway (do I have to move, should I get a smaller lighter wife, lol)?

To gently pry the gravel out, mechanics picks may come in handy. Or, you could use 2" wide, high tack masking tape. Just lay the tape over the area and gently rub it down and pull up and debris.

Craftsman Mechanics Picks
http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/prod...Automotive+Specialty+Tools&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes

You may be able to use fine sand paper to debur your front spoiler.

B17Crew
:w

P.S. Don’t let your wife see your post!

Have noticed that myself and Im dammed ****ed. Today I will tackle that after much contemplation of how to remove without doing damage. Im thinking a plastic bondo applicator to slightly spread seam, then blowing out with compressed air.

Go to www.nakidparts.com/id22.html and take a look at their solution. Seems pretty simple and cheap. I haven't tried it yet but certainly intend to.

Have noticed that myself and Im dammed ****ed. Today I will tackle that after much contemplation of how to remove without doing damage. Im thinking a plastic bondo applicator to slightly spread seam, then blowing out with compressed air.

The debris doesn't come out without a fight, no matter the technique.:rotfl

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom