Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Exhaust plate question

W

wakensea

I recently took off the old exhaust plate to replace it, but, on the old one it said "0145 out of 1000" underneath a corvette logo. What does that mean? ron

To me it would mean that you have the one hundred fourty fifth plate out of a run of one thousand.

I agree w/ 04 Commemorative. :dance

Geeez that was hard to figure out:chuckle

Everyone save up their more challenging questions. No doubt, Hotwing will have all the answers.
;)

the numbers were stamped into the plate, i thought it might have something to do with the car itself,

the numbers were stamped into the plate, i thought it might have something to do with the car itself,

You're unlikely to get vehicle information from an after-market add on item. But- we do have a CAC resource that can give some information specific to your Corvette. For your 2000, Wakensea, you can go HERE to interpret the digits in your VIN.

And if you look in your glove compartment, you should see a sticker with a list of RPO codes. If you go HERE, you'll get a list of what those codes translate to in terms of options.

If you want more specific information, such as the actual "birth date" of your Corvette, you'll probably want to see if you can obtain an original Assembly Plant build sheet. I believe the National Corvette Museum has a program where they can obtain that for you. The cost is $40 if you are not an NCM member.

:w
-Patrick

Thankyou, i appreciate the info, i purchased the car with the plate on it, and didn't know why the previous owner would put that on, and i have not been able to get a hold of him, thought i would run it through the forum, thanks for the positive feedback, and web sites. i'm gonna start checking them out.

Thankyou, i appreciate the info, i purchased the car with the plate on it, and didn't know why the previous owner would put that on, and i have not been able to get a hold of him, thought i would run it through the forum, thanks for the positive feedback, and web sites. i'm gonna start checking them out.

The window sticker and build sheet from the NCM are really nice! I got both of mine, laminated for under $100. They're both nice pieces of my Corvette's history.

Welcome to the CAC wakensea!
:w Jane Ann

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom