Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C5 Winter Blues Continue

Remo

Gone but not forgotten
Corvette
2001 Quicksilver Lingenfelter Convertible
Well another swell day here in New England. Five inches of wet heavy snow overnight - further extending the storage time. I'm removing all sharp and pointed objects from my reach.

Remo:cool

spring07.JPG

Sorry to hear about your weather situation. Up hear its still cool, but luckily the sun is shining and the roads are clear.

Sorry to hear about your weather situation. Up hear its still cool, but luckily the sun is shining and the roads are clear.

Know what you mean, came back from Fla today, infected with all
the sun and warmth. Couldn't wait to get the top down on the baby
and found 16 inches of fresh white snow . :puke

Put that thought off for 2 more weeks. :ugh

Augusta ME

Stayed at the Senator Tuesday Night and drove back to Manchester NH on Wed the snow was wet and Heavy all day thankfully My flight was able to get me back to Toronto No snow but rain and COLD c'mon its time to warm up..

Stayed at the Senator Tuesday Night and drove back to Manchester NH on Wed the snow was wet and Heavy all day thankfully My flight was able to get me back to Toronto No snow but rain and COLD c'mon its time to warm up..
If we'd a know you we're in the area we could have had a party.Always let us know when your comin':D Steve

Remo - Sorry to hear about your little winter bout, but don't ya think a Silver Vette picture in the snow would really show-off your new wheels and tires? :D

L8TR - D

Well another swell day here in New England. Five inches of wet heavy snow overnight - further extending the storage time.
Yep, that's my recollection of "spring" in New England. Mother Nature would always tease with a few good days... just enough to bring out the motorcycles and vettes, and then...BLAM!

Better days are coming though, and it won't be much longer. IIRC, with the exception of 1987, I was always able to put my bikes back on the road by tax day.

Now... why did I leave my Margarita and sun screen?;LOL

Remo, Winters in New England SUCK!!!! I keep my Vette in Florida over the winter, and I came REAL close to parting with just about a grand to fly down there so my wife and I could go on a run with Tom Adams and Corvettes Anonymous. If I could have done it for 500 - 550 I'd be packing the bags to go. Can't wait to bring it up here for the summer. Ain't nuthin' like a New England winter, but on the other hand you can't beat the summers here!
Andy :w

Remo, my friend, this is April snow. It always disappears in a hurry. Just be patient and enjoy your chocolate Easter bunny.

Now, Remo, you can use this time to good effect by going back and re-reading my Coolness manual and getting yourself ready for summer.

-Patrick

I want to get on the ROAD!

Light snow today in Toronto on Good Friday. But, I'm getting the car warmed up for a quickie. Road are clear. Weather is COLD.

SOON.... Real SOOOOON.

-zBill.;)

ENJOY THE RIDE. (when OLD MAN WINTER leaves..)

Drove the Vette to work today. Sure was nice to let her stretch her legs a bit. Since many people have the day off today the commute was nice and easy and I didn't have to worry about stop and go on the 76. And to think that I'm tossing around the idea of selling it...

Leon

And to think that I'm tossing around the idea of selling it...

Leon

"Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo". Leon, say it isn't so.

Don't feel lonely: it has been lightly snnowing off and on all day here in N. IN....PHOOEY! Definately doesn't look like my Vette will be coming out to play anytime soon .

Oh well, beats 6 April 1966 when I was riding my Honda 305cc Super Hawk home from Huntsville, Ala. to Janesville, WI....thru 3 snowstorms including a blizzard in Indy. That stopped me until the 7th! Of course, as a young Marine a little snow wasn't a big deal............oh sigh. Now where is SPRING??! DFO :ugh

"Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo". Leon, say it isn't so.

I'm afraid so. I pay too much for parking and don't have easy access to the car. I am looking into options but I might have to take a couple years off from the Vette and come back at a later time.

Leon

I'm afraid so. I pay too much for parking and don't have easy access to the car. I am looking into options but I might have to take a couple years off from the Vette and come back at a later time.

Leon

buy yourself an older Vette that you will not worry about parking on the street, fit it with lojax or some other GPS device in case the homeys take it for a joy ride. At least you will be able to get your fix of Vetting. :upthumbs

My C5 is outside with a dusting of snow on it my plans were to work on the 68 so I can be ready for top down weather. I need a bigger barn I can't fit all the cars in and work on one at the same time, one must stay out in the cold.

It's an Evil Plot

Well up here in New England there's another snow setting up for tomorrow. Six
to eight inches of wet heavy mix (pure cement)
spring07.JPG

Its flurrying out here now, been doing that all week but nothing stays on the ground I took my Wifes car to work last night I told her if you aren't going to drive it I may as well keep the battery charged up.:D

we are getting the wet stuff now it covered my Satellite reciever and I had no internet until I had the bright idea to check the antenna.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom