Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

59 stainless exhaust

Jose,

I use the smooth rounds on my 59, and they are a little on the loud side. They are fairly quiet if you foot is not buried in the throttle, but really stand on it, and they make some noise! I am having them build me some chambered turbo mufflers for my current project in an effort to quiet it down a little.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/339303/P0000968.JPG

Regards, John McGraw

Jose,

I use the smooth rounds on my 59, and they are a little on the loud side. They are fairly quiet if you foot is not buried in the throttle, but really stand on it, and they make some noise! I am having them build me some chambered turbo mufflers for my current project in an effort to quiet it down a little.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/339303/P0000968.JPG

Regards, John McGraw
John, that is one sweet looking chassis set up you have there.....really nice!!!!

stainless exhaust

Jose,
I must say thats a very nice job looks great but the muflers you have I think are smaller than the ones they supply, I asked them and they did say they were a little louder than the oval ones its really hard to make a choise when you are on the other side of the world.I was hoping some one who has used that particular company had some idea.
Is your system from them?

Thanks Jose

Jose,

These are Stainless Works 24" smooth rounds, and the pipes are custom mandrel bent by them. If you are talking about one of their replacement systems with original style off-road mufflers (round ones), then they are entirely different mufflers. They are quieter than these mufflers, but not as quiet as the original style ovals. I do not think that you will find the original style round mufflers too loud.

Regards, John McGraw

stainless exhaust

Thankyou John just what i needed to know. Now i know which one to order:beer
Many thanks Jose

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom