Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Lots of nice cars at Hot Rod Power Tour

firstgear

Corvette
15 Z06, 01 Vert, 63 SWC & 60 ALL RED
Today was like car show day, tomorrow bright and early the Tour begins leaving out of Cleveland at 9am and after stopping along the way for a light lunch it will arrive in Kalamazoo, Michigan. Because of work and needing to spend time on my '60 I have decided to not do the whole tour, so here is the first day and I will post tomorrows results as well....enjoy...my web page has all the photos I took today here is a sampling----->

of course have to start it off with my '64
GS8J9817Small-vi.jpg

GS8J9820Small-vi.jpg

and then I saw this car...I almost freaked out as those who have been following the build of my '60 will recognize that this car is real close to how mine will end up...there are differences and I was glad to see that three will be....but I went crazy taking a lot of photos of this car. Upon close inspection I was glad to see that they too were challenged by the final position of the front bumpers relative to the wheel opening. This was still a sweet car.
GS8J9967Small-vi.jpg

The front wheels are 19" and the rears are 20" with 255R35X20 tires
GS8J9964Small-vi.jpg

GS8J9966Small-vi.jpg

GS8J9968Small1-vi.jpg

GS8J9960Small-vi.jpg

GS8J9961Small-vi.jpg

GS8J9950Small-vi.jpg

notice no dash pad...looks pretty good
GS8J9947Small-vi.jpg

GS8J9936Small-vi.jpg

GS8J9938Small-vi.jpg

GS8J9922Small-vi.jpg

turbo-diesel 4 cylinder
GS8J9899Small-vi.jpg

GS8J9902Small-vi.jpg

GS8J9907Small-vi.jpg

GS8J9885Small-vi.jpg

GS8J9891Small-vi.jpg

GS8J9866Small-vi.jpg

GS8J9822Small-vi.jpg

and when I was leaving...I saw these coming in...
GS8J9976Small-vi.jpg

link to my web page more photos---> http://public.fotki.com/htmiata/hot-rod-power-tour/

My day today at the Power Tour today...
http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=95806

I saw that "63 Split" that you are talking about.
When you were pulling out today, did you see a guy sitting on the roadside on his motorcycle? That was me!
only people I saw when I was pulling out of the IX center lot was a guy and his gal both taking lots of photos....didn't see ya...sorry....I really don't look at cycles unless of course there is a woman on it...haha

The needles aren't RED!! :beer

GS8J9947Small-vi.jpg

The needles aren't RED!! :beer

GS8J9947Small-vi.jpg
good catch....I didnt even notice....I was just looking all over the car....it was very nice.....had a real bad stance to it.....

firstgear, where is your site

I don't have an Ohio "63 SPLIT" plate on my list. Not saying that it does not exist. Where is this one from?
http://public.fotki.com/htmiata/hot-rod-power-tour/

That split has Ohio plates, from county 18. I coiuldn't find a table listing the county numbers to tie it to a county name. It has collector plates that are vanity, which means that he needs to pay yearly for the vanity plate, but that is all. Collector plates in Ohio are a one time buy having a plate life of about 25 years unless you add vanity stuff to it then you have to pay the vanity fee yearly.

more photos loaded up on the site....here are a couple of my favorites...

it was raining almost the enitre way today.....I felt bad for this couple....
GS8J0009Small-vi.jpg

there were areas where it wasn't raining and people were all over the place waving and cheering, it was GREAT:beer
GS8J0023Small-vi.jpg

I have no clue what this guy did, but the officer just pulled him over and I don't think it was about how cool his car was....
GS8J0027Small-vi.jpg

GS8J0011Small-vi.jpg

GS8J0007Small-vi.jpg

18 is Cuyahoga (Cleve.)

Do they issue the same reading on a variety of plate types?
Some states issue the same reading on a car, a truck and a bike.

http://public.fotki.com/htmiata/hot-rod-power-tour/

That split has Ohio plates, from county 18. I coiuldn't find a table listing the county numbers to tie it to a county name. It has collector plates that are vanity, which means that he needs to pay yearly for the vanity plate, but that is all. Collector plates in Ohio are a one time buy having a plate life of about 25 years unless you add vanity stuff to it then you have to pay the vanity fee yearly.

18 is Cuyahoga (Cleve.)

Do they issue the same reading on a variety of plate types?
Some states issue the same reading on a car, a truck and a bike.
not that i know of....

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom