Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Another Ebay gem

Hey Lori,

This Vette definetely is one caught as if it came out of a mid-1970's to early 1980's time capsule. It even has the tilting front clip which were being pushed by Corvette Catalog companies like Eckler's, after the 1984 Corvette was just being released to dealers.

And it would take a pretty penny to restore back to nearly stock conditions, but nevertheless, I have seen worst aberrations out there than this Vette.

GerryLP : cool

What a mess!
:puke

No thank you...

I like cars with period correct mods. That thing looks like Shaft drove it! LOL, I'm a sick man but I like it.

Kinda reminds me of the caddys from that era that had been 'customized'
still looks like a POS

Have to admit, i do like the outside of the car. The color combo is kinda neat as is the clip, BUT: How are the flares attached ? In the one pic it looks like they are just bolted on? That would never fly here in Inspection. :ugh

The interior: Oh so, not my style.. :puke

I also like Superfly Eldo's and Corvados from that era as well. :D

That interior is awful, but it's just so period correct that it's great!

I didn't notice, was there a chandelier in that pimpvette?

I wonder if George Barris did that?

I kind of like the light blue and red paint.
It reminds me of the Ford GT from the 1960's.

I also like the C4 style clam-shell hood.
That would make a lot of jobs easier.

The interior....

Does it have headlights?

I'd have to agree with KOOP. It is so period correct. The diamond tufted red inserts... right out of the mid 70's...I should know, I did my 64 coupe in much the same way. See Pictures circa 1977

1964Corvetteinterior4.jpg

1964Corvette5.jpg

Was it the right thing to do? You have to remember, these cars didn't have the collectibility (if that is a word) that they do now. We did things to our cars that make us cringe today (See pictures above). but that was the "IN" thing at the time.

Body work would be a deal breaker. but the interior wouldn't be that tough to retro-fit (Sorry for the pun ;LOL).

Is what it is

WOW! What else can you say. Not my cup of tea but kind of cool.

"Look Ma, No Headlights!":cool

I like it, It wouldnt take a whole lot to dress up the engine compartment and with those flares you could really turn that into something, think slick black paint and wider rims and tires and some hooker sidepipes. Wouldnt take much to adjust that interior either I bet.

I like it, It wouldnt take a whole lot to dress up the engine compartment and with those flares you could really turn that into something, think slick black paint and wider rims and tires and some hooker sidepipes. Wouldnt take much to adjust that interior either I bet.

I waited to chime in. I don't see much wrong with the overall mods of the body . The paint needs serious help though. It does have the feeling of plaid pants.

I think it is crying out for the Monza fixed headlights.

Black paint with silver and red accents on the sides of the cowl on the hood would tie it together nicely.

10256.jpg

less than half an hour left.....:D

i always wonder when people post these if the owners of the car might be members who arent active in the threads or non-members who peek in once in a while.... id feel kinda bad in that case....

Count me into the like it crowd. The interior doesn't do anything to excite me, but I don't dislike it. The exterior though, I Really like the two tone and color combination, especially since it flows with the lines of the body.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom