Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! C4 SIDEPIPES

LORR1943

Corvette
1987 BRIGHT RED CONVERTABLE,RED & BLACK INTERIOR,
DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INFO ON SUPPLIERS OF SIDEPIPES FOR C4'S.
I HAVE SEEN SOME COVERS WITH AERO-KITS BUT I ALSO NEED INFO ON THE PIPES THEMSELVES, ROUTING, BAFFLES, ETC.
THANKS.;help

The side pipe kits are no longer available new, so the only way to get it is find a kit used unfortunately.

Ken (R.I.P.) had them on his '87

They looked cool but he had clearance issues with the lowness and they were quite restrictive due to the sharp U-turns the exhaust was forced to make. He took them off.

I really wanted a set but would not accept the problems and loss of performance.

Power Effects is/was the company that makes them. I've seen used sets for sale even within the last couple months, so keep your eyes open, but the website may answer some of your questions and they were still answering the phones last year.
[RICHR]

I inquired about these Oct of '04, called the company and was told there was a problem with the foundry that makes the main "y" for the side pipes. I was told they did not know when they would be back in production. The guy I talked to took my number and said they would give me a call back when they were back in production. I had totally forgotten about it ... till Oct of last year. Low and behold, I got a call back, WOW three years later. They were honest to their word and gave me a call back. I was told they were starting production again and would I be interested in purchasing a set (at the price they were three years prior.)

I declined as I had already built up my exhaust as I wanted it. Well almost, I would like everything to be stainless, but that's a little more tricky to weld and work with, so I went with aluminumized steel.

:w
:pat

I just called and placed an order...well, the guy i talked to said they are still having trouble with the foundry that does the castings and through a bunch a legal **** its cheaper ($300k) for them to wait it out with this company than try to go else where. They are taking no money down orders to lock people into the 'Carlisle Show Price'. Im not going to reveil what that is. You can call and place an order, the guy on the other end of the telephone was very knowleadgable on the kit. We talked for about 20 minutes about how the kit would have to go on to my car since i have true duals and its lowered.

They looked cool but he had clearance issues with the lowness and they were quite restrictive due to the sharp U-turns the exhaust was forced to make. He took them off.

I really wanted a set but would not accept the problems and loss of performance.

How are you doing friend?:w

How are you doing friend?:w
Great. Thanks for asking, even if we diverge from the thread.:chuckle Been too long w/o Vette time and the BMW R1100RS is fun , but different. It was bad enough to have the engine fail on the track, but depressing to see how it came back after being 'fixed'.

Now, it is improved visually and will be fine when I finish tuning. I do not like 'paying for' the same real estate twice any more than General Patton did, but I will get through it, ust like the first time. Even in this crappy running state, the liquid rubber it generates is, well, fun.:eek:hnoes:ugh:crazy

How are things in Espana, my friend. :w

Side Pipes on a C4

I too have been very interested in Side Pipes on my 1987 Corvette. Fortunately I do not the real deal since I too live in California. So my solution, although non-working is what is found on various websites, including Corvette Central (part #144351 or 144345) which may not be available any longer but at a cost of $179.00 not bad. There are other sites that do carry this Side Pipe in So. California. It takes some research but I have found them.

Good luck in your serach and finding your needs.

I too have been very interested in Side Pipes on my 1987 Corvette. Fortunately I do not the real deal since I too live in California. So my solution, although non-working is what is found on various websites, including Corvette Central (part #144351 or 144345) which may not be available any longer but at a cost of $179.00 not bad. There are other sites that do carry this Side Pipe in So. California. It takes some research but I have found them.

Good luck in your serach and finding your needs.

I have those on mine too. They're sharp, but an inconvenience when you have to put the car on a lift, lol. I got mine at Ecklers in Sept. 2008, although I believe others carry them too. Yeah, they're still available. I have a website with several pics, check it out:

Jeffs 1991 Corvette with Side Pipes and Accessories

sidepipes ( fake ones )

They look pretty cool, except for one thing......... There are pipes coming out of the back of the car. Kinda like I heard once when I was into import tuners...........A four cylinder with dual exhaust coming out the back.....yea ok looks cool but seriously.......kinda silly also.

What would be cool is if the side pipes were connected to exhaust cut outs...

:thumb

You know what would be even cooler?, if your avatar was actually a Corvette.
I don't recall anywhere here that states you can only have a Corvette for an avatar?

If I'm mistaken, then by all means correct me, otherwise, chill out. At least it's still a GM car. :eyerole

Corvette Side Pipes

I have those on mine too. They're sharp, but an inconvenience when you have to put the car on a lift, lol. I got mine at Ecklers in Sept. 2008, although I believe others carry them too. Yeah, they're still available. I have a website with several pics, check it out:

Jeffs 1991 Corvette with Side Pipes and Accessories

I do like your side pipes. I do see your exhaust coming out of the back end. I think I found a solution to this once I get my own side pipes. Rear Wrap with the pipes ending at the point where the muffler attaches. Since I don't run any Cat(s) pre or main or any muffler (just baffled chrome tips, see my car; Corvette Photos, C6 Corvette photos, C5 Corvette photos, Z06 - Lonewolf3030 Gallery ) I can do this. Thanks for your reply, I enjoyed seeing your wonderful Corvette. :CAC

Humm,i guess they look pretty goo,but my cars way to low for those..lol

yeah

I thought about them but mines way to low now as well.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom