Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Is it a "Stingray" or not?????

Corvette
78 white/red coupe
For all C3 experts out there.....

I've had my 78 SA for almost a year now, have read and posted numerous
threads etc but someone tell me if mine is a "Stingray" or not?????

thanx in advance for your comments and thoughts etc....

antique78vette

Might be easier to answer the old question of tastes great vs. less filling.

The last Corvette that had a 'Stingray' badge attached at the factory was built in 1976 model year.

I own a 79 and when i get that questioned asked i always
say 'no its a shark'.

:w

This thread reminds me of the people who call 1992 - 1996 LT1 engines: "Tune Port Injection"

It can be whatever you want. This is America.............still.

And if you want to read all opinions, go find the thread that tries to answer that very question (If it didnt go into the Archives yet). I believe it was a few pages long (like 40 or so). :chuckle

To all uninitiated, all C3s are Stingrays, even mine. ;)

-Stefan

And if you want to read all opinions, go find the thread that tries to answer that very question (If it didnt go into the Archives yet). I believe it was a few pages long (like 40 or so). :chuckle

To all uninitiated, all C3s are Stingrays, even mine. ;)

-Stefan

Maybe you can answer this (related) question- why do owner of later C3s without the Stingray stick-on badge have such a burning desire to be included? My car ('73) came with the emblems and I couldn't care less about them since ALL '69-'76 Corvettes had them. I've owned the car since 1990ish and never once referred to it as a 'Stingray'.

I don't get it.

My 77 is merely a third generation Corvette.

Speak for yourself, John. My '68 is not a Stingray. My '80 is not a Stingray. Both are Sharks. Both are C3s. Both are Corvettes.

:)

John? :confused

I just came in from the garage after spending hours looking all over my car. It doesn't say Shark or C3 anywhere, inside or out.

Have I been getting short changed all these years? :rotfl

Maybe you can answer this (related) question- why do owner of later C3s without the Stingray stick-on badge have such a burning desire to be included? My car ('73) came with the emblems and I couldn't care less about them since ALL '69-'76 Corvettes had them. I've owned the car since 1990ish and never once referred to it as a 'Stingray'.

I don't get it.

Dunno Mikey.. I have no desires there.. I just have a 82 CE, no Stingray/Sting Ray here. :W;LOLAnd hence i mentioned the Uninitiated. :D After 17 years, i dont think i count as that anymore do i? :L

Speak for yourself, John. My '68 is not a Stingray. My '80 is not a Stingray. Both are Sharks. Both are C3s. Both are Corvettes.

John ? ;shrug

I didnt claim to say i wanted mine to be called a Stingray, just saying that The Uninitiated do.:D

-Stefan

(Edit: Here is the 5 pager i recall, there were more, but..)

My bad. "Speak for yourself, John." is a well known line from The Courtship of Miles Standish.

It has become a euphemism.

My bad. "Speak for yourself, John." is a well known line from The Courtship of Miles Standish.

It has become a euphemism.

Never heard of that one before. WIKI Learnt something Corvette unrelated again.:chuckle Thanks Mike. :thumb

No, wait, I thought a particular '67 was "The Last Stingray"??? :confused ;shrug

:L

Impossible- the first Stingray was built in Aug '68 as a '69 model year Corvette. ;)

Oh, you meant 'Sting Ray'. Different animal.
Great Jeebus! How's anyone supposed to keep all these different models straight?!?!? :W

:L

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom