Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1.52 Rockers

I know the 1.6's won't clear but I don't know about the 1.52's. Why not go with 1.6's?

Oh, no... don't install those! If you're going to all the trouble of replacing rocker arms, at least get FULL rockers (roller fulcrum) and not just roller TIP. I can speak from experience that roller-tip rockers do almost nothing. And OK, there's reduced friction from full rollers, but 15 hp's worth? I think not. GM didn't even switch to them until the LT4.

If you're doing this, get 1.6 ratio rockers. It's like doing a mild cam upgrade because the valves stay open a bit longer. Some people swear by a split-ratio set, with 1.52's on the intake and 1.6's on the exhaust.

Also, you can do much better on price. Competition Products (800-233-0199) sells Proform "entry-level" full rollers good with stock springs for $140/set. They sell really good Harland Sharp full rollers for under $200/set.

Pretty sure that an LT1 doesn't need any mods to the valve covers to run 1.6's; if it does, they're minimal - like grinding down some metal tabs on the underside.

It might be a good idea to replace the pushrods, which are CHEAP for a stock set, since they wear a bit when using the stock non-roller rocker arms.

[RICHR]

I believe that a 1.52 rocker ratio is very close (if not the same) to stock. The 1.6 rockers should clear if you cut off the drip tabs on the inside of the rocker covers. A Dremel tool should work for that.

As rrubel pointed ou,t even a change to 1.6 rockers on the exhaust side alone will help. And do some shopping for rocker arm kits. The Eckler's kit is very expensive compared to buying the same stuff from Summit Racing.

You might look at either the Crane Gold roller lifters or the Harland Sharp rockers. Either one is a full roller design and would be a much better deal and they will fit under the stock valve covers with the same drip tab trimming.

Get new pushrods and guideplates at the same time.

Yeah I am glad with the Harlan Sharps I bought. 240 for those things? Are they nuts?

I think stockers are 1.5

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom