Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

#1 Body mount line up

TWINRAY

Corvette
'67 Goodwood Green Coupe, '69 Lemans Blue Roadster
After raising the D/S and cleaning up the frame, the line up for #1 isn't exact. In the photo below, the mount is positioned properly but the body hole where the bolt goes thru is off. Can I just move the mount to match the hole in the body bracket? But then the protrusion will be sitting on the frame bracket instead of inside it. Is this a problem?

The P/S mounts are loose but I haven't raised that side yet to replace those mounts.

Raise her up a little, put a drift pin through the hole in the frame mount, and try to pull the body back in line.

:)

Raise her up a little, put a drift pin through the hole in the frame mount, and try to pull the body back in line.

:)

Mike,
Would that put undo stress on the body? I think I would have to get the whole body raised at once to do that. I'm only able to do one side at a time. That body isn't going to budge raising only that side.

Mike,
Would that put undo stress on the body? I think I would have to get the whole body raised at once to do that. I'm only able to do one side at a time. That body isn't going to budge raising only that side.

That may work - I'll see if I can try to get to it tonite - thanks.

First make sure all of the bolts are loose. Everything bolted up before, right? Yes, the protrusion in the disk should be inside the hole on the bracket. There are two locating/guide holes under the door sill plugs. Use a drift or screw driver in each hole too move the body around to get the holes to line up. Then measure the gap between the frame rails and the body to make sure its on straight.

I would suggest you finish the passenger side before you spend too much time positioning everything.

Jim

First make sure all of the bolts are loose. Everything bolted up before, right? Yes, the protrusion in the disk should be inside the hole on the bracket. There are two locating/guide holes under the door sill plugs. Use a drift or screw driver in each hole too move the body around to get the holes to line up. Then measure the gap between the frame rails and the body to make sure its on straight.

I would suggest you finish the passenger side before you spend too much time positioning everything.

Jim

Thanks Jim,
I still have to finish cleaning up and painting the D/S frame rails before I put the new f/r brake line in. Then, as you suggest, I'll put in loosely the bolts for #2 and #3 body mounts - then move on to the passenger side - clean up and paint those frame rails so I can put the new fuel lines in - then lower that side and ;shrug see where I'm at. What I'm thinking is that #1 is off a bit cause I took the front clip/fenders off which maybe made the body move out a bit. I "assume" #1 was positioned correctly at original assembly but I didn't verify (no reason I would have I guess) that upon disassembly - I was just happy the bolts weren't frozen. I'll see how much progress is made this weekend. By the reports, no frame painting will be done Saturday - rain:W.
Fred

Thanks Jim,
By the reports, no frame painting will be done Saturday - rain:W.
Fred

No problem, I was planning to do the final fitting of the nose on mine Saturday. Sunday my daughter has a soccer game at 10. That leaves a few hours Sunday afternoon before the football games start

Jim

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom