Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

"100 Plus" Option content

*89x2*

The Callaway "100 Plus" (Horsepower) option content is a rare & powerful option that was only installed on a select few B2K's.
This Option added 100 horsepower to the already amazing power ratings they left Old Lyme with.
The option consisted of a wide range of enhancements which all worked as a system to upgrade the entire engine and the results speak for themselves :)

Option content is as follows:

*Intake Manifold
(custom intake/plenum assembly)
*Fuel Rails
(high flow/high capacity rails)
*Fuel Pressure Regulator
(modified reg. for the addl. volume)
*Fuel Rail Tubing
(SS tubing)
*Throttle Body
(ported 52mm TB)
*Cylinder Heads
(custom high flow cyl. heads)
*Cam Shaft
(Cam shaft ground to Callaway specific specs)
*EGR Block off plate
*ECM Chip
(Custom calibrated mem cal. )

****************These parts were sold for specific use as a package - for fitment and technical questions, please contact Callaway Cars for additional information.***************

Currently, An 88 Callaway Twin Turbo Corvette is for sale with these components fitted. It is advertised on the Callaway cars website at: http://www.callawaycars.com/Carsforsale/tt88120.htm

and the following is a pic of the "100 plus" package installed - note: the intake of course is the most obvious sign that this option has been installed however, the other components listed above were included in the package and would be present :m
88-120engine.jpg

Here's something I noticed but I don't think we've discussed it before... the custom intake looks like it has a revised intake runner length appearing to be much much shorter. This would give the car extended rpm capabilities in theory.

two questions of discussion related to that 100 plus package:

1) was the tach modified in any way or was there anything published by Callaway to note the extended rpm range

2) how many cars do we know of that were optioned or upgraded like this?

EricVonHa said:
Here's something I noticed but I don't think we've discussed it before... the custom intake looks like it has a revised intake runner length appearing to be much much shorter. This would give the car extended rpm capabilities in theory.

two questions of discussion related to that 100 plus package:

1) was the tach modified in any way or was there anything published by Callaway to note the extended rpm range

2) how many cars do we know of that were optioned or upgraded like this?

RPM Range would be extended by not only the different intake but, I imagine the cam assisted in this process as well...

I have seen 2 B2K's w/ "100 plus" :upthumbs

The rpm would have been extended just from the 100 plus intake but very slight. A different camshaft with a bit more duration/lift would have to be in place in order to take advantage of the shorter runners. If I had to guess, at least something similar to a stock LT1/LT4 camshaft......

Hmm....

My upgrade got a few of those components (see below) except the intake, fuel system, and throttle body.
(It did get the reprogrammed MemCal but is documented elsewhere.
So what is the power produced by a 100+ car???
And how much did it cost??

My dyno sheet shows 473 HP @ 4500 RPM & 634 Ft. Lbs @ 3000 RPM.

Just Curious

Luigi
:cool

450Upgrade.jpg

As I recall that intake is a dual quad (carburetor) manifold with the plenum cut off. It is replaced by a custom large volume plenum machined for a front mounted throttle body like stock. The runners are about 6" long. As I recall it is all beautifully tig welded together. At least that's how I remember it. ;)

I don't know where this came from...

What's this? It looks like it could be a 400+ manifold!!!

I know NOTHING!
attachment.php

100 + Price Tag

The Price tag for the 100 + package was $11,000 back in 1989 I know this because my car was ordered with this package BUT the owner canceled it . AAARRRHHHH When I found this out it nearly killed me . To this day I still get mad just thinking about it. Oh well

The records I have show 5 100+ ordered cars in 1988. The first being the "SVI car"
(so I guess its 6, although I do not have an engine # for the SVI car.)
The first production car noted as "100+ First one - Ye-Ha" was car # 88-113 - last 4 of VIN - 1299.

I only show 1 1989 car - #98-044/VIN# 0909. That makes a total of 7 original 100+ cars (not retro-fitted)

I did one retro-fit while at Callaway. It was a car from Texas - Black on Black convertable - somewhere I have the original owner's name!

The records I have show 5 100+ ordered cars in 1988. The first being the "SVI car"
(so I guess its 6, although I do not have an engine # for the SVI car.)
The first production car noted as "100+ First one - Ye-Ha" was car # 88-113 - last 4 of VIN - 1299.

I only show 1 1989 car - #98-044/VIN# 0909. That makes a total of 7 original 100+ cars (not retro-fitted)

I did one retro-fit while at Callaway. It was a car from Texas - Black on Black convertable - somewhere I have the original owner's name!

Steve, thank you for coming aboard to share this information :beer

As I understand it, this is the first 100+ car - or at least the manifold was...

Neat stuff :cool

*notice the intake :D

wf1991.jpg

wf1991a.jpg

wf1991b.jpg

wf1991c.jpg

wf1991d.jpg

wf1991e.jpg

wf1991g.jpg

...and this *may* be the same car (????) :confused

attachment.php

attachment.php

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom