Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

140mph Speedometer and Crate Engine Specific Tach Redline

KANE

Corvette
Dark Blue 1982 Trans Am(s): Polo Green 1995 MN6
:beer

Coming soon... custom 140 mph speedometer and custom tachometer with the correct redline for my '82s engine. Both have the '82 specific crossed flags.

The tach's red line is 5,500rpm- right where I shift from 1-2 at 5,450rpm. :upthumbs

Attachments

• new tach2.jpg
    new tach2.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 118
  • new speedo2.jpg
    new speedo2.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 128
:upthumbs

I personally think these look soooo much more appropriate. These cars just cry out for the 140mph speedo. Very happy with them- especially the tachometer. My crossfire shifts at 5,450rpm- and not 5k like the OE crossfire. :thumb

Both gauges were customized to carry on the style from the optional high performance engine cars from 78/79 (L-82). That's why I went with the blue increments, 1982 crossed flags, short yellow / 5,500rpm red line, the cross fire injection script, and the 500rpm increments.

BTW- LEDs are the way to go for illumination!

Custom on top - OE below...

Attachments

• Gaugues before and after.jpg
    Gaugues before and after.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 147
:thumb Nice one!!!

For those of us who can.. :L I'll stick with my OEM, until i ever go your route.. but it does look sweet..
:w

Looks perfect to me! I loved 140mph speedo as our speedlimit is 80 :)
How do the LED's turn out? I have them in mine but the light was to blueish for my taste.
Good luck :)

Greetings Peter

Thanks Peter!

I don't mind the blue. I mean... The car itself is blue so slightly blue lighting is fine!

I spoke with a guy that does Vette gauges and he said the blue color behind the gauge surrounds reflects that blue-ish tone to the lights. He said when he's done red gauges for Pontiacs that he painted everything red that reflects light. He said if you want white, then paint the back of the gauge surrounds white.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom