Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1954 Corvair Fastback Project Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vettebrett, I am sure that it is not about the TAX Deduction nor is it about trying to show anyone up. Knowing Brett as I do, it is about doing somthing different and turning out a Top Quality Project. It is about being the best that he can be with what ever he is working on. It is just that plane and simple no more and no less.

:thumb

Hey Jay! nope, no pics.....yet. I've been tied up on 53's for the last year and have one in progress and three waiting in the wings.

I did, however, get a body that will be perfect for one. The plan is to begin in the Summer for my own. The body I got has to have an upper rear surround panel anyway. I'm buying a rear upper surround mold from a friend out West.

I have an 88 ZR1 prototype that I'm in the process of building right now that I want to have painted by May 2011. That's my concentraion for my own cars at the moment.:beer

Well, now with the ZR1 mostly done, are you going to get started back on the Corvair project?

The 54 was loaded into my new trailer last night. It will be going to a friends where I store the trailer for about 2 weeks. Then off to Brett's it goes. Yes we will finish stripping the car, fit the top on the body, send things out to the chrome shop, start having the newmotor built,have the frame sand blasted and powder coated along with the wheels and some other things. We know it will not be finished by no means but would like to have it far enough along to take it to the NCRS Event in FL. in January in Old Town to put on diaplay. But we will just have to wait and see how far along it is by then. Brett will also be working on other cars trying to make a living for himself and family while we work on the Motorama 54 car of mine. I will let everyone know when I take it to Brett's and will start sending pic and more information to George to post on the car site he built for the project.

That car does not belong to 53 Blue Flame. I think I know who it belongs to but not sure so I will not say. Is the car at BG on display? If so I know who it belongs to.

That car does not belong to 53 Blue Flame. I think I know who it belongs to but not sure so I will not say. Is the car at BG on display? If so I know who it belongs to.

I don't know...

Well, now with the ZR1 mostly done, are you going to get started back on the Corvair project?

Like Mike stated, now that I'm getting caught up from the ZR1 prototype, a 53, 54 and Pete Wilzbach's car........I will be able to devote some time to making a correct mold for the windshield height and get the two Fastbacks roughed in for paint prep. Once you get the trim on a car made from the original molds that Bob Mangold and I made at my shop in 08, it will look chopped and head room will be inadequate. Mike and I will make a new mold with a slightly higher A-pillar and entire roofline.

Thanks Brett, keep us posted on the progress.

Like Mike stated, now that I'm getting caught up from the ZR1 prototype, a 53, 54 and Pete Wilzbach's car........I will be able to devote some time to making a correct mold for the windshield height and get the two Fastbacks roughed in for paint prep. Once you get the trim on a car made from the original molds that Bob Mangold and I made at my shop in 08, it will look chopped and head room will be inadequate. Mike and I will make a new mold with a slightly higher A-pillar and entire roofline.

53 Blue Flame, I believe that would be a excellent enhancement, I recently saw a pic of one at Bloomington with a young girl inside and it looks cramped.

53 Blue Flame, I believe that would be a excellent enhancement, I recently saw a pic of one at Bloomington with a young girl inside and it looks cramped.

Hi Gary. I have to agree. Even when Bob and I were making the project molds back in 2008, I was never comfortable with that aspect of the top, regardless of anything. I have two orders for Fastbacks and the headroom height, IMO, has to be adjusted to the correct height for both comfort and asthetics before I will deliver a car to a customer.

I'll let Mike post his own pics on his Project Website once the build develops.

Thread closed upon request of originator, 53 Blue Flame.

-Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom