Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1963 coupe (split rear window)

S

stingray4me

Ever notice when you see an add anywhere for a 63 coupe for sale that everyone puts thats it has the split window coupe. Of course it does everyone of them was. Just once I would like to see an add for a 63 coupe for sale without mentioning the back window. If anyone would like to discuss this matter futher I will meet ya at the corvette musem July 25 09:15 or at the annivarsay get together in Nashville. By the way I don't know if I'm going to drive my 75 non convertible or my 93 non 40th annivarsary model. Later gators...

well, unfortunately about half of them (estimated) were detroyed (i.e., split bar cut out of rear window) because folks *****ed about not being able to see out of the rear window

I would imagine that not everybody is familiar with what year VETTE came with the split window.
The general public doesnt know what years came in convertibles or had big blocks or different options.

Here in CA there was one year you could only get a 305 cid motor.
Even though it would be redundant to say:

FOR SALE:
CA CORVETTE beautiful original condition.
305 cid - Auto

Not everyone knows that.

'63 coupes were real popular in my area around '73. Could say they were a fad as even Ford people were buying them. I advertised my '65 convertible; red, black interior and new white top in the Sunday paper. I must have had 20 calls asking if it was a split window coupe. :eyerole

Tom

wow tom, I couldn't believe you got that many calls asking if it was a split window. interesting. Today I went to the gm dealer here at my tdy location in the airforce in germany & got the 2003 dealer brochure with cd for free. very cool indeed. I also recieved in the mail today mine and my wifes 50th anniversary tshirts from zip. See ya in Nashville next month !

stingray4me

I think that is how some people describes cars, such as "a 1970, C3" ( of course it is...) or a 1962 solid axle vehicle or then more descriptive a rare 1968 with pushbutton door locks. One of my favorites is a 68 - 82 coupe with T-tops. People tend to add more acting like their cars a one of a kind.

Gary

For once I'd like to see an ad for a '67 that didn't claim to be an original big block.:D Classic

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom