Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! 1964 coupe a/c question

sjhoran61

Corvette
1964 Coupe
Hi, I'm new to this forum and I have a question concerning my 1964 coupe with factory a/c. About 6 months ago I had an electrical fire behind the glove box and it basically destroyed the original interior a/c system and dash. I was able to extinguish the fire and kept it from going past the firewall. Gratefully, no injuries or other sustained property damage. Unfortunately, I am trying to restore it back to it's original factory a/c and components. Not only expensive, but hard to find parts too. The insurance company insisted that the car be investigated by a 3rd party adjuster to determine repair cost(s), which meant tearing apart the dash by a restoration shop. My problem is I am not using that restoration shop and I am having trouble with a specific part. On the center dash, there is a knob on the lower left side which controls the heater/blower switch cable. I know the connections for the electrical side of this switch/cable, but I do not know where the mechanical cable part runs or connects. Below is the only reference I've been able to find and it stops short of the mechanical cable end connection. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Shawn

63-67c25_p119-a_6.gif

I controls the air inlet door.

Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom