Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1966 Corvette help please

robgoodrich

Corvette
1966 Silver Pearl/sliver convertible
Hi,
I have a '66 convertible and am trying to remove the two metal sleeves that cover the steering column. I have removed the top one, but am having trouble removing the lower (somewhat conical) sleeve. I did the easy stuff, removed the turn signal stalk, removed the 3 screws that hold the white plastic piece, loosened the collar and the other metal piece that attach to the bottom of the instrument panel. Loosened the wiring harness so it can slide, but it does not want to slide up with the sleeve.
Hope you can follow this and give me some advice. I want to get the two sleeves repainted.
Thanks,
Rob

Rob, I believe a welcome is in order. :w As for the problem removing the collars...I'm thinking it's time to give up and just give that ole piece of junk 66 Corvette to me. :D I think it must be too much work, that it's not worth the effort. Heck, I'll even come pick it up for you.......
In reality, we have some really great guys who'll be able to help you get things done. (thinking the whole column probably needs to come out, but I'm probably wrong)

Welcome to CAC!!!!
enjoy!!!`

Moving out of the Site Help and Feedback forum and into the C1/C2 Forum...

Didn't even realize where it was, Rob. Thanks for the move.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom