Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1966 power brake master cylinder.

Keep an eye on eBay, Hemmings, or the NCRS "Driveline"; $500-$800 seems to be the going rate these days for '65-'66 PB cores.
:beer

vintagecorvette said:
Hello,

Does anyone know a good source for a 1966 PB master cylinder? I need one. Thanks oWEN

I found one on ebay and purchased for around 300.00. I had an online advertizement running for about 2 years looking for one and the only calls I got on it was from other guys needing one asking me if I find an extra one to let them know

I had purchased a mastercylender from a well know vendor for TOP DOLLAR. the screw in caps would not stay in,weather I used NOS caps USED caps or REPRO caps .it was also missing some marks on it, Comes to find out aparently a couple years back a fellow was recasting these things.When I questioned the vendor if this was the case with the master they sold me.

They told me they got it from a swap meet and could not authenticate weather is was an original or if it was one of the recast units they refunded my money with shipping and also sent me a half gallon of silacone brake fluid so I could put my old one back on

Good Luck in your search. I almost found one in carlilse But it had just sold for the hefty fee of 800.00 with one original cap in it and needing a rebuild.

Owen I forgot to add When I am shopping for parts on Ebay and have the GM part number I use that as my search in titles and descriptions in all of ebay,This way if some one has it and doesnt list it in the corvette section you tend to get them more affourdable,

Hey,

Thanks for your input. The info helps. oWEN

IH2LOSE said:
Owen I forgot to add When I am shopping for parts on Ebay and have the GM part number I use that as my search in titles and descriptions in all of ebay,This way if some one has it and doesnt list it in the corvette section you tend to get them more affourdable,

Owen. It already has bids on ebay which means I cannot take it off the auction. I wish you the best in bidding. I will also be listing the factory power booster. Let me know if you need it first and we can probably work out a deal and not sell it through ebay.

Thanks,
Al

Al

Wrong name on first post!
Al, I sent you email on booster.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom