Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1967 no dash lights

Massahosa

Help please! I have a completely restored 1967 that has had many small issues. I have dealt with most and down to two. The first one is NO Dash Lights. The harnesses are all new and I have also replaced the headlight switch. Headlights, tail lights, parking, directional, brake and flashers all work. How can I troubleshoot this?

Second problem: Wiper switch doesn't turn on wipers. If I push the knob to wash, it turns on the wiers and then doesn't turn off.

Any help on these two issues would be deeply appreciated

Help please! I have a completely restored 1967 that has had many small issues. I have dealt with most and down to two. The first one is NO Dash Lights. The harnesses are all new and I have also replaced the headlight switch. Headlights, tail lights, parking, directional, brake and flashers all work. How can I troubleshoot this?

Second problem: Wiper switch doesn't turn on wipers. If I push the knob to wash, it turns on the wiers and then doesn't turn off.

Any help on these two issues would be deeply appreciated

Have you checked the fuse? It's the third one from the bottom. :thumb

One thing that I find confusing is that on these cars the dash lights not working was your indicator that your tail lights were out. But you say the tail lights work. I'm sure you have checked the fuse by now so I would lean towards whoever installed the harness didn't get something right or there is a problem in the new harness. I think first you will need to get under the dash and look for anything hot connected, like a ground wire. Might be a wire not crimped and making a connection in a connector. If nothing is obvious you will need to get a wiring schematic and a voltmeter and trace everything on the harness that has anything to do with dash lights looking for the problem.

Tom

Glad it was something simple.

Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom