Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1968 VIN 25611 427 engine found-is this your Vette?

geopar

Corvette
12 total : from '57 to '73 and my '98 vert
Does anyone know where this 1968 , late build (July of '68) 427 vette is?

Have located complete engine--from pan to air cleaner, from front pulleys and belts to bell housing.

Everything on this is original:

4 sp carb w/air cleaner and original filter element and original wing nut. Original fuel line, flame arrestor and tube/clamp.

alum. intake and water neck.

Complete dated smog system including all original clamps/hoses/tubes/brackets/pump/divertor valve/check valves/exhaust manifolds/etc..

Dated plug wires w/original dist. and shielding.

Original valve covers and oil fill cap.

Dated fan clutch and correct fan---"H", "66", "front".

439 block (2 bolt---IL---427/390 hp engine), std. bore, never decked, perfect broaching and stampings.

Original oil pan, front cover, balancer, engine lift brackets, alt. brackets (no Alt.).

All original bolts.

Everything is in near perfect condition. Looks as though this was pulled from a very clean Vette. Kind of a "Time Warp" piece.

I'm thinking the owner of this car might want this engine?

Trying to find owner, failing that the parts/pieces will be for sale.

George
210 748 4693
Geopar@gvtc.com for photos.
IMG_0874.jpg

IMG_0875.jpg

IMG_0876.jpg

IMG_0877.jpg

IMG_0879.jpg

IMG_0880.jpg

IMG_0880.jpg

IMG_0881.jpg

IMG_0883.jpg

IMG_0885.jpg

IMG_0886.jpg

IMG_0887.jpg

IMG_0889.jpg

IMG_0896.jpg

IMG_0897.jpg

Wow what a find!!!....I know I read a posting here about a late 60's vette that was stolen, and suspected to be parted out.....not sure where you located this, but any chance it would be from something like that?

As a suggestion ,look up a guy named Terry McManmon. He is an expert C3 judge for the Chevy Vettefest show. Maybe because of the show, and being in Chicago he will have some information or be able to spread the word. You could also contact the host(s) of Bloomington Gold as well(www.bloomingtongold.com). Try their websites for contacts. There is a NCRS publication magazine called The Corvette Restorer Magazine, this would provide great Corvette community coverage (www.ncrs.org)

Trying to reunite this engine with its owner car is a wonderful thing! Good luck!

Fantastic find!! Sure wasn't used much before it was pulled. What's the story on this big block?

:)

Fantastic find!! Sure wasn't used much before it was pulled. What's the story on this big block?

:)

Yes, very interesting find.

The block and heads have been repainted making it look fresher or less used.

The remaining parts show normal wear for an engine that was pulled @ 55,000 miles (or says the previous owner).

Not much of a story; saw it on Craigslist and bought it.

Owner said it came out of his '68 back in 1972 (replaced with a 350 for fuel economy issues).

He sold the Vette in 1976 and doesn't remember the name of the person he sold it to. I guess that's possible after 23 years?

Came out of the Chicago area.

There is a guy that advertises on the NCRS driveline that is attempting to find this car/owner.

All leads welcome.

George
210 748 4693

Back to the top.
May entertain selling/parting out this engine as efforts to find car have been fruitless.
G.

George,

Left you a VM on your phone. If you still have the engine and have not found the original car, I may be intereted.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom