Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Important! 1968 Vette, 427, Convertible, (has both tops), Manual Transmission

Corvette
1981 HD Suspension; ZN1 Option
Hello folks,

i saw this car for sale at a local swap meet. I believe the old lady told me that it belonged to her brother. The engine is supposedly a, "warranty dealer replacement", and she believes she has paperwork related to the car. I want to say the car was originally Mulsanne Blue, but I may be confusing my perception of the color. The interior is blue. I took a few pics and I hope you guys can discern about the car options. The only thing that I felt was curious was that it has an L88 hood, but in the passenger side seat pan area, they had a complete intake and tri-power setup. I believe the car is under 50K miles (brain fart on my part for not taking a pic of odometer sorry)

The folks seem seem like very good folks and I am just helping this Vette find the right owner. I cannot buy it. Too many projects, and I GAIN NOTHING FROM THE SALE OF THIS VETTE. I AM ONLYPOSTING THIS INHERE TO HELP VETTE ENTHUSIASTS.

(The phone number [handwritten below the first line] in pic is missing area code. The area code is "505")
IMG_0031.JPG

IMG_0028.JPG

IMG_0025.JPG

IMG_0032.JPG

GerryLP :cool

Attachments

• IMG_0027.JPG
    IMG_0027.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 247
  • IMG_0023.JPG
    IMG_0023.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 252
Last edited:
Thanks Gerry

Interesting car.

Tom

I think that they have paperwork from the dealer documenting the warranty replacement, that makes it more valuable. Que no?? :D

Yes it does.

Tom

It looks like something right out of the 70s with that paint job. :woot: I have no idea whether or not that is a good price for it though. Seems high to me. Somebody will get it and do something with it.

If it really looks like a 31,000 mile car except for the obvious changes that can effect it's value positively. I can't see the engine suffix to see if it's a 400 horse or 435. I'd value that car, as is, at between $22000.00 and $26000.00 if it's a 400 horse and 8 to 9K more if it's a 435 and the mileage can be documented and it has the original engine. It's a project car at best. It could be a nice complete solid car with all the right numbers but it still needs stripped and painted, engine, brakes and mechanicals gone through and carbs restored and who knows what else if it has sat a long time. They may do better at auctiion but it would have to drive across under it's own power (and stop).

If you restored it to nice driver quality it could be worth mid 50s. I don't think you could do that for the difference between that and 40k and make any money. If you went all out on a total frame off restoration it could sell for 80k or more. But at 40k buy in and 70-80k or more for a top quality restoration you would be way upside down in it.

$40k is just too much for it.

Tom

:thumb Brings back memories,like old girlfriends. Thanks for the pics !

Personally, I think the magic number is closer to $30K. Has anyone decoded (not decided ��) the VIN? Does it shed any light on options and what not?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom