Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1970 vette battery drain

dalebenz

Corvette
1970 rd 1968dark green
when i pull the clk,litr,ctsy fuse ,which is the upper left fuse,. the draw goes away.any body no what all goes on that fuse,Ive pulled the liter,all 3 courtesy lamps,radio,clock.and glove compartment light

Last edited:
How big of drain?

Idont know but a 12 volt tester lights up when i connect between the neg post and the neg cable

Just about any vehicle will do that,You need to test the drain with a VOM.

when i pull the clk,litr,ctsy fuse ,which is the upper left fuse,. the draw goes away.any body no what all goes on that fuse,Ive pulled the liter,all 3 courtesy lamps,radio,clock.and glove compartment light
One place to check is your spare tire area. There is a light bulb that could be on, but you can't see it till you remove your spare.

i understand ,if key is out of ignition,no switches on, radio off,courtesy lights off, emer brake off,doors closed,all accessories off,lighter out,clock disconnected ,glove box light disconnected their should be no parasitic battery drain between neg cable and neg post but I do.I have no light back by the spare tire area

Disconnect the alternator from the system, when I was at a GM garage I saw many bad diode-trios cause a drain.
adr1418-1__31149.1560395277.jpg

I forgot about that. Diode Trios went across the parts counter almost as fast as brush sets and ignition points back then.

Tom

Problem with the diode trio would be pulling the
clk,litr,ctsy fuse wouldn't change the drain. Alt is on a different circuit.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom