Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1977 Stingray

Dsg147

Corvette
1977 L48 red
Where can I find the high beem switch on 1977 vette there isn't a switch on the floor although someone replaced the carpet maybe they took the switch out

Last edited:
Welcome to the Corvette Action Center.

Moving to the C3 forum for better exposure...

Incidentally, I'm not that familiar with the C3 generation, but is there a high beam switch on the floor - left hand side of the footwell near the top?

Welcome to CAC!!!
enjoy!!!!
have you checked any of the corvette vendors....
e g,corvette central,corvette America,ect???

The switch is located on the lower outside area of the steering column. It will have a acuator rod on it that you will see going up thru the column to the dimmer pull stalk. Switch can be bought at most corvette vendors.

Last edited:
For 77, high beam is on a lever on the steering column. There is no floor switch as in earlier years. Do you have a 77 owner's manual? If not, order a reprint.

Congrats on the 77.

:thumb

For 77, high beam is on a lever on the steering column. There is no floor switch as in earlier years. Do you have a 77 owner's manual? If not, order a reprint.

Congrats on the 77.

:thumb
Thanks I'll look the column needs work

If your car has a tilt-telescoping wheel it is part of the window wiper switch. That switch is very hard to find. It is a one year only switch. There are used ones available. The handle should be pulled toward you to turn on and off the brights. Non tilt steering wheels the switch is easier to find. I have heard of people adding a floor switch in when the column switch was not repairable.

switch

I have a 1977 turn signal switch but not the wiper/dimmer switch. As others stated, I think the dimmer switch is hard to find. Be careful when you get into the column, by now some of the plastic parts are brittle.

I have a 1977 turn signal switch but not the wiper/dimmer switch. As others stated, I think the dimmer switch is hard to find. Be careful when you get into the column, by now some of the plastic parts are brittle.

Do you have a tilt - telescopic steering wheel?

I don't still have the 77, but as I recall it was on the column right side with the wiper control

High beam

It has a tilt wheel I'll check for the part at a place in upstate ny that has used vette parts. Thanks to all

Here is a pic of a 77 I did a few years back Your column should look like this.

8lza.jpg

lypw.jpg

Last edited:

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom