Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1984 pass vanity mirror "bulb" replacement

muskiemike

Corvette
1984 Gunmetal Met
Feel kinda silly, and I do have the owners / maintanence manual and still can't find it.

And I've searched the forums here, but nothing specific to the 1984.

But I can't seem to figure out, how to replace the "bulb" in the passenger vanity mirror.

In advance, all suggestions are greatly appreciated.

;shrug

While there appears to be 49 reviews but "O" replies . . .

In the event others need the answer to my ?, I called Mid America Express and they were able to answer my ?

On a 84 vet, in order to get to the (2) light lamp bulbs, U need to take a very small flat screw driver and at place it at the center bottom of the clear light lense, and gently push down and the light lense will pop out. From there you will see the light lamp bulb.

In my case both light lamp bulbs are in working order, the problem is the 'button switch' on my passenger side lighted mirror visor needs to be replaced?

When you open the mirror, there's a small pin that engages or disengages this button switch & the (2) lights to light up.

Their appears to be a short in the button switch, if I move it around, the (2) lights will illuminate simultaneously, but won't stay on.

I'd rather not replace the whole sun visor, mirror and light assembly just to replace a $.25 button bulb.

All suggestions are greatly appreciated . . .

;shrug

I never had to deal with that so I can't help. Sorry.

Jake

While there appears to be 49 reviews but "O" replies . . .

In the event others need the answer to my ?, I called Mid America Express and they were able to answer my ?

On a 84 vet, in order to get to the (2) light lamp bulbs, U need to take a very small flat screw driver and at place it at the center bottom of the clear light lense, and gently push down and the light lense will pop out. From there you will see the light lamp bulb.

In my case both light lamp bulbs are in working order, the problem is the 'button switch' on my passenger side lighted mirror visor needs to be replaced?

When you open the mirror, there's a small pin that engages or disengages this button switch & the (2) lights to light up.

Their appears to be a short in the button switch, if I move it around, the (2) lights will illuminate simultaneously, but won't stay on.

I'd rather not replace the whole sun visor, mirror and light assembly just to replace a $.25 button bulb.

All suggestions are greatly appreciated . . .

;shrug

Well, I JUST removed mine although I have a 94. I went with plain old fashioned visors, new ones from Ecklers. I didn't need the hassle of them and my wife never used it anyway. I will gladly sell you mine for a reasonable price. That's IF it fits. Both sides work perfectly. It is a REAL easy job to replace. If you have a coupe, take the top off. Unscrew the cover over the mirror on top of it. There is a simple plug and voila, you're done.

Paul

Paul,

THX for your reply and offer.

But I think you would do better selling your 94 visors as a pair.

As all I need is the (1) button switch which engages / disengages the lights on both sides of the mirror - I am guessing it's .50 switch.

Again Paul, thanks for the offer . . .

:beer

You're welcome. If you ever need them lemme know. They're just siting in my attic.

Try vette2vette.com for the switch. I got in touch with them this week and I could not believe they actually have parts for the INSIDE of the headlight door motors. Someone on this site recommended it to me.

Paul

Paul,

Thanks, I'll keep you in mind, and will contact vette2vette.com.

I may have found a place where I get the button switch, I found a place that re-builds these luminated sun visors, so I have to assume they have an inventory of the button switch.

But they party is on vacation for 2 weeks.

:)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom