Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1985 Tune-Up

wescarver

Corvette
1985 "Ruby"
Can anyone suggest types of plugs, wires, cap and rotor best used for my tune-up on my 1985 116,000 miles. Currently using Autolite plugs gapped at .045.

I have an Accel coil, cap, and rotor, and wires and ACDelco Rapidfire spark plugs. But I haven't heard to many bad things about Autolite spark plugs either. If you are doing a tune up I would also change the inline gas filter right underneath the passenger side door rail.

A tip (if you don't already know) The forward plug on the passenger side is a *****. The only way I could get to it was by removing the right front wheel & the wheel well sheilding. With that out of the way you can get it. It's still not easy,but you can do it. Good luck. Careful, don't cross threads !!!

A tip (if you don't already know) The forward plug on the passenger side is a *****. The only way I could get to it was by removing the right front wheel & the wheel well sheilding. With that out of the way you can get it. It's still not easy,but you can do it. Good luck. Careful, don't cross threads !!!

There is a whole there in the wheel well, that should let the socket and the extension fit without taking anything off...

On my 85 I went with the Hypertech coil,cap, rotor kit.Bosch 2 plat plugs & ox sender.Autolite 8.5 wires.Purealator air & fuel filters.Cleaned the tb with STP spray cleaner.

There is a whole there in the wheel well, that should let the socket and the extension fit without taking anything off...

I just did mine a few weeks ago and did that exact thing. Didn't remove anything at all.

Now re-installing the distributor cap plug wire retainer was a different story...lol.

The plugs are supposed to be gapped at .035" though. I used Autolite #3924's. Can't remember the distributor cap and rotor numbers, but they were the "H.D." versions from Blue Streak, which have the brass terminals. Plug wires were standard replacement BorgWarners.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom