Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1987 Callaway Twin Turbo Convertible for sale (price question)

D

dawgie

Callaway Twin Turbo Convertible for sale,
How much does it worth?
I bought this car brand new in august 1987, I paid $ 88,000 for it.
I can use your opinion as to how much should I ask for....
I am planning of selling the car soon, and will appreciate any help I can get.
Thanks.
---------------------------------------------------------------
1987, Chevy Corvette Convertible Callaway Twin Turbo, 29K miles,
Callaway Twin-Turbo convertible, 500+ horsepower, 200+mph,
7-speed. Adjustable boost, aero body, greenwood, BBS, Alpine stereo.
Factory updated '91. Many more extras. Immaculate condition. All stickers,
labels and records. Original owner.
corvette-exterior.jpg

corvette-interior.jpg

corvette-engine.jpg

Welcome to :CAC

Looks like a very clean Callaway. As with any muscle car/collector car documentation is the key. As the origonal owner you probably still have all of the origonal reciepts and owners kit. Documentation on the '91 upgrade and what was done to achieve the 500+hp will help attract a buyer. Although ebay should not really be used as a benchmark for cars, there have been several '87 Callaways just sold. Most recently an '87 aerobody convertible for $22K with 30,000 miles and then a coupe for $22K with low miles.

Currently there's another no reserve '87 coupe with 21,000 miles being offered at $20K.

Here are the links to the cars mentioned above:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1987-CALLAWAY-CORVETTE-CONVERTIBLE_W0QQitemZ220002893290QQihZ012QQcategoryZ6168QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

another
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1987-Callaway-Corvette-1-of-188-rare-than-a-427-67-68_W0QQitemZ230002164906QQihZ013QQcategoryZ6168QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

another

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chev...oryZ6168QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

What did you have in mind for a price?

Courious to where you purchased the car new? With the wheels and body kit I'm thinking this car was purchased out of the North East. Callaways were not legal for sale in California until the '90s.

Welcome to the Callaway Forum dawgie, here @ the :CAC :beer

re: the price of the car - it seems that Callaway Corvettes can be tough to guage, as many were different and unique, car to car.

That said, there are three guides out there, that give different, but similar perspectives on the prices. These are based upon input from private sales, auctions, etc.

The magazine Corvette Enthusiast placed a value two mos. ago on the 1987 Convertibles at $26,400 for a good car and $39,000 for exellent.

Also, you can find a price guide near the bottom of this webpage, which is current for 2006: http://www.callawayownersgroup.com/Pages/Tips.htm

In addition to those, this price guide was published about 9 mos. ago, giving another perspective:

- I hope this helps - and again, welcome :beer
PriceGuide2005Corvettes.jpg

87 Callaway

Nice looking car. My 87 came with the 16 inch BBS wheels also. It was sold in NJ when new. As for the price, It's very hard to say. Right now the prices seem low, If you have kept it this long, I would wait a little longer before you sell it. Hopefully the prices will go up soon. I purchased the yellow 87 in the above link. I thought it was a good price for a car with the Aerobody-we will see when it arrives and a couple of weeks. I also purchased an 87 about ten years ago for more than that. It did not have the aerobody. It needed a lot more work-little things. Yours looks very clean so maybe you can get more money for it. Hopefully it all works out for the best.

redb2k's

I was thinking that this was your topless twin :)

redb2k's said:
... I purchased the yellow 87 in the above link. I thought it was a good price for a car with the Aerobody-we will see when it arrives and a couple of weeks.

A, in a few weeks when it arrives, you may have to change your screen name to reflect that purchase :cool

"redb2k's+yellowb2k" - Very cool stuff :v

*89x2* said:
A, in a few weeks when it arrives, you may have to change your screen name to reflect that purchase :cool

"redb2k's+yellowb2k" - Very cool stuff :v

When does it end. I love these cars. I will be selling the 04, It's just a corvette-not twin turbo-although alot more power. I have been addicted to the Callaways since 88 when i purchased my first. I hope there are not any more good deals as my wife already thinks I have enough cars. I think 6 corvettes is just a starting place-although I am out of room for storage at the house. I sure would like a 91 areobody. Maybe in the future.:D

boostedmaxPSI said:
I was thinking that this was your topless twin :)
Very similar to yours-with the black molding,although it has different wheels. It looks very sharp. I guess i really enjoyed seeing yours at the Dallas corvette show. Maybe next year I will be there with an aerobody Callaway.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom