Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1990 corvette

car was running fine,, turned it off,, then when I went to satrt it again started acting up again same problem,,, next day took it to the dealer again and running fine again,,,, confessed,,, any ideas?

car is running fine,, just dont understand why it did what it did again,,,

fuel pump good
new fuel fitler
new ECM
new dist
new plugs
new coil
new rotor

car was running fine,, turned it off,, then when I went to satrt it again started acting up again same problem,,, next day took it to the dealer again and running fine again,,,, confessed,,, any ideas?

car is running fine,, just dont understand why it did what it did again,,,

fuel pump good
new fuel fitler
new ECM
new dist
new plugs
new coil
new rotor

I would check the Eye connector on the BIG Red wire on the alternator!!(I've had several that was not getting a good connection where the eye was crimped to the wire causing voltage spikes and scrambling the ECM!!) :upthumbs

I think you have overlooked one of the most important responses to your problem. I had this exact same problem with my 1990, and it was the fuel injectors. A quick check is to check the ohm reading. I think you'll find that it will show a low resistance reading. The injectors become fouled due to constant storage of a vehicle, and not using fuel stabilizer. I found out the hard way, and have never had a problem with them since, and I changed them about 10 years ago. It's not a hard job to do, but it is relatively time comsuming. Good Luck. Greg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom