Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1990 headlight motor issues

mdstiner

Corvette
1990 Steel Blue Metalic
About 12yrs ago I purchased my 1990 steel blue coupe from Corvettes at Carlisle. An originally purchased Chip Miller car, this C4 was virtually flawless and has given me nearly a decade of hassle free enjoyment with my son. Right before storing it for the winter, I took to a locally sponsored VFW car show and before leaving I noticed my driver's side headlight wouldn't completely rotate open. Only 2/3rds of the way. Now, last year I replaced my passenger side motor as it would open and close but spin constantly. The driver's side motor doesn't spin or sound like it's stripped. It just won't open all the way. And it closes just fine. What I'm trying to figure out is could it be something other than the motor, say the actuator? How do I test it to determine exactly what it is? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

sounds like the Plastic gear is stripped, does it make a slight drum sound for about 15 seconds then stop ? Then its the gear, replaced my driver side on my 96 not the passenger side is making the same sound so guess its time for that one.

sounds like the Plastic gear is stripped, does it make a slight drum sound for about 15 seconds then stop ? Then its the gear, replaced my driver side on my 96 not the passenger side is making the same sound so guess its time for that one.

Thanks so much for the insight. Problem is it makes no noise whatsoever. It begins its normal rotation process, better than 2/3rds of the way around and then just stops. Almost like there's something blocking it but there's not. No noise, no spinning, nothing. I'm baffled.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom