Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1990 removable hardtop info please

timmb001

Corvette
1996 Black LT4
I p/u my 1990 conv. this weekend and need info on how to install the hardtop. I think some of the parts are missing... Can someone please give me the details?

Thank you.
Timm

It's either a coupe or a convertible, not both. So which one is it?

screen

Does this help??

Barbie

screen

Okay,

We know that you're packing something serious underneath that hood!

Barbie,
Would you happen to have that parts breakdown of the hardtop in a bigger format..I just bought a hardtop for my 88 convertible and it will help when i go to put it on this summer...Thanx

You should have gotten two steel brackets, 10 T40 bolts, and a ratchet with a T40 driver and a cover for the decklid. The brackets attach the steel bar in the top to the car body. Look at the inside portions of the B-pillar next to the shoulder harness attaching towers. There are encapsulated bolts inside the locating pins at the back of the hardtop and there are nuts inside the decklid brackets where the softtop attaches. There are bolts already inside the windshield frame near where the softtop attaches and screw into the mounting tabs at the front corners of the hardtop.

You cant miss the brackets as they are 4" wide and about 10" long and heavy.

If you would like some detailed instructions on the installation procedure, I have it in MS Word format. Just e-mail me at c4cruiser@attbi.com

Thank you ALL for your help!!!

I dont think that I was given ALL of the parts for the hardtop. I will look it over when I get home this evening.

Edmond, Barbie, C4 - Again, Thank you all!

;worship

Chiming In A Little Late Here...

Just wanted to say that the metal brackets that attach near the B pillar are very difficult to find if they did not come with the car when you purchased it. For your sake, I hope that you have them. I just had my hardtop put on the car for the Winter and the guy helping with the installation breathed a sigh of relief when he saw that I had the brackets.

Supposedly they are hard to come by if lost. The hardtop installation does not take all that long, but it helps if you are a contortionist - those back bolts can be tricky. If you've never driven the car with the hardtop on, you will probably notice a difference in how the car feels vs. the soft top. The hardtop firms the car up and gives a tighter ride. Enjoy!:cool

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom