Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1993 FX3 Shocks??

Raggs

Corvette
1993 40th Ruby Red
My shocks are fine except that both front shock gears, (not actuator gears) are stripped. Is there a repair or do I have to replace them? Thanks!;shrug

I think you can get Bilstein to rebuild them for you for about $100 apiece. Why not get them to go thru the shock while they are at it?

There is/was someone selling the shock gears on ebay.Look under fx3,etc. and see if they're still there. They sold all 4 for $100.00 ??. Doug

If the gear on the top of the shock's bypass valve shaft is broken or "stripped" you either have Bilstein rebuild the shocks or you buy new ones. You can also opt for different shock valving if you have Bilstein rebuild them.

Typically, that gear does not strip unless there is either a problem in the shock or with the actuator.

Contact Bilstein at: 13102 Stowe Dr., Poway CA 92064, 800.537.1085

I got mine sent to Bilstein, all 4, and they rebuilt the gears too, ~$500.

If the gear on the top of the shock's bypass valve shaft is broken or "stripped" you either have Bilstein rebuild the shocks or you buy new ones. You can also opt for different shock valving if you have Bilstein rebuild them.

Typically, that gear does not strip unless there is either a problem in the shock or with the actuator.

Contact Bilstein at: 13102 Stowe Dr., Poway CA 92064, 800.537.1085
Check your actuator too. I had a shock go out (gear stripped and it took the actuator out too.....or the actuator gear cracked and took out the shock gear) Captzcnc will rebuild your actuator with a metal gear.

Mike

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom