Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1994 Corvette Targa top

scruffy66

I have a 94 that the Targa glass top has split apart in the middle,the split is going from the front to the back about 7 inches long and about a 1/8 inch wide can literally see thru the split when sitting inside. So I guess my question is, is this typical of this glass top? And wanting to replace it with a fiberglass one, is Melrose a good replacement for it? I'm new to this forum and to my love of my life Corvette that after my 4 daughters grew up I could finally afford to get. Any help or guidance or info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for any help or experience with this same issue.

Well, scruffy, Welcome to CAC. :w I'm going to move this to C4 General to get your questions to the appropriate audience.

Split targa top is not all that unusual. I can't remember whether the Melrose tops are decent quality or not. Hopefully someone else has experience with them and can answer your question.

Your situation is similar to mine...16 years ago I got my third (and last) daughter married off and 4 days later bought my 94, after a 30 year hiatus from Corvette ownership.

Oh, pictures of your C4 would be nice.

Here's a shot of my 94.

C012Aqn.jpg

Nice looking C4. another shot of my old 94..

wNeedSo.jpg

You know what? I really miss that car. It was a good car

Last edited:
Here's the picture of the Junkmans' top

Lnv2XAn.jpg

scruffy, get in touch with Junkie, he's one of the good guys....and will help you out.

The glass top on my '88 split just like yours. I did the exchange thing back then, but can't recall the vendor. Currently on the lookout for a bronze top for my '96 CE.

I replaced mine thru Melrose it fits perfect and came with all new hardware and weatherstrip. You can try them you can Google there info and contact info.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom