Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1996 TT w/an Aero...

shopview said:
Any ideas who designed and built this ? What is machine....running on factory PCM, Aero, LT4 (modified I'm sure) and TT!

:drool:
Any idea what the canister near the PCM is?
Are those NOS hosing running in to the red intake tubing before the MAF?
Intercooled??

Shop,

The extra lines in the valve cover look like they are used for the FMU system. Not sure what the can is used for???

Anyone eles?

Could that little canister thing be an electric oil pump? It looks like some kind of pump, and appears to possibly have lines going to the turbo's bearing area?? Just an uninformed guess, though:

vette_kit_after.jpg

My guess on that canister is a vacuum boost for the power brakes?
or possibly a water pump for the turbos?

Also noticed the turbos are water cooled.

those lines going into the intake connect to the wastegates. they feed boost pressure to the wastegates to control boost levels.

Aurora40 said:
Could that little canister thing be an electric oil pump? It looks like some kind of pump, and appears to possibly have lines going to the turbo's bearing area?? Just an uninformed guess, though:

vette_kit_after.jpg

Shouldnt need an electric pump wher these turbos are mounted. the would gravity drain just fine.
defently and FMU mounted where a distributer would be on an L-98

bill mcdonald said:
Shouldnt need an electric pump wher these turbos are mounted. the would gravity drain just fine.
defently and FMU mounted where a distributer would be on an L-98

Bill, you are correct in saying it is an FMU - it is from Vortech and the same as my friends Mustang used to increase fuel rates under pressure/boost :cool

OK, the car is undeniably awesome, but c'mon... what # GS is it??? Is it the #900 GS that used to belong to Robert Anderson in Texas?

Please help me update the Grand Sport Owners Database by asking the owner to register the car with the GSR at http://www.grandsport.org/register.htm

Who did the Aerobody install? I know it wasn't done by the Callaway shop but it looks darn good. Is it true that C4 Aerobody components are no longer available?

Very, very nice. I sure would like to know more about this car!!!

Hutch said:
OK, the car is undeniably awesome, but c'mon... what # GS is it??? Is it the #900 GS that used to belong to Robert Anderson in Texas?

Please help me update the Grand Sport Owners Database by asking the owner to register the car with the GSR at http://www.grandsport.org/register.htm

Who did the Aerobody install? I know it wasn't done by the Callaway shop but it looks darn good. Is it true that C4 Aerobody components are no longer available?

Very, very nice. I sure would like to know more about this car!!!

The car should be fairly well known and is probably already in the registry :confused

It is the car that used to be owned by John @ Corvettes Only in the Carolinas and now resides out west.

The AeroBody was done back when John owned the car and had the matching boat as well - a bunch of the car was refinished since the new owner picked it up -

re: Callaway Cars and C4 AeroBodies - they are avail and the "narrow" ones always have been. Recently, the "wide" ZR1 body kit mold was redone and they are now avail again :cool

I hope this helps :m

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom