Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

2001 Z06 Traction Control Problems

H

hydrantman

Can anybody help me with my traction control problems? When I hit the car hard the traction control light will come on but will not go back off unless I pull the key out of the ignition and reset the computer. It will also at times tell me to service my traction control on my computer. I have had it to the dealership several times although they seem unable to figure it out. Thanks for any help!!!!!;help

I don't recall it giving me any code numbers, it was saying that I needed to service traction control soon on my computer.

not even a close comparison but i remember we had brand new 91 impalas at the pd i worked at and right out of the box we had the exact same problem with it, and it happend a lot the dealer had them in the shop all the time and said there was nothing wrong, my queation was is it working..... cause we might not have had time to stop the car to shut it off and tuen it back on and hope it reset

I don't recall it giving me any code numbers, it was saying that I needed to service traction control soon on my computer.
Run the codes and we'll see what we can find out!! I've had some trouble with my 03 and a few customer cars!! Ended up sending 2 ABS modules off to Brandon at www.ABSFixer.com and having them rebuilt!!:thumb The others I found Ground Problems and Wheel Sensor Problems!!
:upthumbs

Turn the key to the ON position, but don't start the engine. Clear any present messages by pressing the RESET button. Hold the OPTIONS button down, and press the FUEL button 4 times. This will get you into the CODES section of the DIC. The computer will automatically display all the codes your car has created. It will cycle through each code every 3 seconds. Any code that ends in H is a history code (something that has occured in the past) but is fine now. Once the computer has finished going through all of it's codes, press RESET to enter Manual Configuration mode. It should start with a module and show "NO CODES" or "# CODES".

Run the codes and we'll see what we can find out!! I've had some trouble with my 03 and a few customer cars!! Ended up sending 2 ABS modules off to Brandon at www.ABSFixer.com and having them rebuilt!!:thumb The others I found Ground Problems and Wheel Sensor Problems!!

Turn the key to the ON position, but don't start the engine. Clear any present messages by pressing the RESET button. Hold the OPTIONS button down, and press the FUEL button 4 times. This will get you into the CODES section of the DIC. The computer will automatically display all the codes your car has created. It will cycle through each code every 3 seconds. Any code that ends in H is a history code (something that has occured in the past) but is fine now. Once the computer has finished going through all of it's codes, press RESET to enter Manual Configuration mode. It should start with a module and show "NO CODES" or "# CODES".

Once it shows the NO CODES or #CODES it will go back to the Manual Configuration correct? No tire sensors in the Z06.
Thanks

Ground issues

Here's what I'm finding on my '02 Z06 Apparently the C5 had a really bad ground system on the wiring harnesses. I guess they all feed into one connector which in turn is mounted to a single ground point. After a while the ground point and/or the connector becomes corroded or just loose and when you hit something hard(like a pot hole) or you get a little aggressive with your driving(not like any of us do that;-) the connection breaks for half a second and triggers a low voltage error in the brain. That's what's tripping your lights but since it goes away as soon as it reconnects it doesn't give a code for the computer to store so once you restart the car it goes away. The ground for that is on the passenger side of the car and also ties into the power for the passenger side door. Mine had gotten so bad that the door would loose power when my lights went on and I had to get out and slam the door to get it to reconnect. My recommendation is to find the ground point and clean not only the connector but also the ground.

Hey junkie sorry it took so long to get back.

I ran through the codes and found two of them here they are could you help?
The first one I couldn't get the first set of letters and tried to go through it again although it didn't show the second time I ran the codes - C1282H
and the second was BO-RFA U1064H.

Thanks for the help
Hydrantman

DTC C1282 is a history code which means the condition which set the code was not present at the time you pulled the codes but it has been present in the last 49 ign. cycles.

It's an VSES yaw sensor fault. The VSES has an comprehensive self-test procedure that tests all the components including the yaw sensor. If the yaw sensor fails self-test, DTC C1282 sets. The solution to this code requires a TECH 2. What I'd do first is, as suggested above, get out the Factory Service Manual and locate all the ABS, TCS and VSES grounds and check them. Then I'd clear codes and road test. If the code does not reset, you fixed a ground problem. If it does reset, consult the FSM pg 5-161 and follow the diagnostic instructions.

DTC U1064H is another history code. It's a BCM fault related to loss of Class 2 serial communications caused by either an internal failure or power loss. First, I'd do as suggested above and check all the chassis grounds relating to the BCM. Then I'd clear codes and road test. If the DTC comes back, I'd consult the factory service manual page 8-173 for solutions to that code. You can get about half way though it before you'll need a TECH2.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom