Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

2003 C-5 Engine?

A

AKFINEST

Is GM going to increase the H.P. on the 2003 C-5 model from the current 350HP?

No, from the what I've seen, it looks like it will stay the same.

I think they will increase the power some what on the C6. Is that correct anyone?

RUMOR ONLY!!!

I've read here and at other sites that there is a possibility of a larger displacement, higher horsepower engine scheduled for the C-6. The most popular speculation seems to be that Chevrolet will continue to use the LS-1 block, but increase the displacement to 6.0 liters. Some say that they may even go to a 427 (~7.0 liters) out of that block, which I believe is near the maximum for that engine, but that may be wishful thinking.

FYI: The C5R has a 426 cid engine in it, and this uses the same block that is in the "civilian" Vettes. Seems like the technology is there to me. Wish they would employ it for us, too.

Oh, well. I love Corvettes any way I can get them.

-Greg

Rob is right, there is no change.

2003 Coupe and 'Vert will be:
350 HP
375 ft-lb Torque Manual
360 ft-lb Torque Auto

2003 Z06 will be:
405 HP
400 ft-lb Torque

LMN8R... I believe Lingenfelter created a 427 (428 really) based on the current block. But the cylinder walls were less than paper-thin. He had some hi-tech sleeves in the cylinders. It was reviewed in a 2001 Car And Driver issue.

Chevy, in 2001, created the Tigershark protoype in the 700hp range (for some reason, 745 sticks in my head.) I have the article at home if interested. I don't know if it's ever been discussed around here. Probably.

The last i heard on the C6 as far as engine upgrades was in the neighborhood of 380 horses.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom