Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

2006 Convertible Top Problem

knoppphil

I have a 2006 convertible which I stored from mid Nov to late Apr. The first time I attempted to start I had to jump. I was able to bring the power roof down, but ever since I have not been able to bring the roof back up. I had to jump start the car a 2nd time, but since it has started OK. I have found nothing in the manual to address this problem, and have attempted to call multiple Chevy dealers who’s response has been read the manual or bring the car into service. My sense is this is not major issue which I should be able to handle myself if someone could provide some thoughts as to steps.
I do not see any fuses in the instrument panel box which refer to convertible top. I only see two fuses which are labeled as tonneau release and wondering this could be possibility.
I am looking for expertise from the action center if possible.
Thank you
Phil Knopp

First off, Phil, Welcome to CAC! :w I'm assuming here that this is your first year with your Corvette. I do not have a convertible, so I can't address your problem directly. But I will say that these cars are very dependent on the electrical system. Off the top of my head, I would say, check the battery for proper charge, drain, voltage....etc. If it is out of spec in any way, shape or form, replace with a battery that is up to specs. Check out the owners manual for the correct battery. Keep us posted on what you find.

Thank you for your response. My car is 2006 with only 13K miles and I stopped at AutoZone to have battery tested which was OK. This car is mint condition and have all service records from previous only owner.

I am certainly not a technician, but I will recommend in the future to keep the car on a battery tender during the winter months. I am assuming that the car wasn't hooked up to a tender as you said you had to jump it. I would take it to a dealer. May have to be re-programmed.

Elaine

I replaced the battery on Tuesday which did not lead to ability to close my convertible top. I made appointment at Chevy dealer for Thursday morning where manager indicated it’s probably a module replacement or need for car computer to relearn from new battery. I went to car Thursday morning to drive to the appointment with the top still down. I raised both windows and then tried to close the top and it worked just fine multiple times. So I cancelled the appointment which the service manager agreed with me and all has been fine ever since...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom