Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

2006 Victory Red Convertible

Status
Not open for further replies.

GS Diva

Moderator,
Corvette
2016 Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic Z06
06vic1.jpg06vic2.jpg06vic3.jpg06vic4.jpg06vic5.jpg06vic6.jpg06vic7.jpg06vic8.jpg

2006 Victory Red Convertible with 2-tone Black/Red interior w/C6 logo headrests, 6.0L 400HP engine, 6-sp paddle shift auto trans, Active handling, Z51 Perf. handling pkg, Power convertibl. top, Chrome 08 wheels, 3LT w/Head up display, Heated sport seats, Power telescopic steering wheel, Dual zone air conditioning, Memory pkg, Onstar, Bose stereo w/6-disc, only 34k miles…..$32,900

Elaine - elaine@corvettemikenewengland.com
Cell: 617-872-8252

Used Corvettes for Sale, Used Corvettes, Corvettes | Corvette Mike New England

I am curious. What would make a 2006 Corvette worth 33k when dealers are selling NEW 2013s for 39k ? Eight model years, no warranty, and a ton of technology since. I am trying to see where your coming from but a bit of confusion exists. Please explain, thanks.

You know, I keep hearing people say you can buy 2013s for less than $40k. I've never seen them. And the cheapest ones I've seen are the striped down models, not high optioned verts.

Where have you seen these? I think I'm calling BS, west ridge.

I am curious. What would make a 2006 Corvette worth 33k when dealers are selling NEW 2013s for 39k ? Eight model years, no warranty, and a ton of technology since. I am trying to see where your coming from but a bit of confusion exists. Please explain, thanks.

Just my thoughts after 20 years in the hobby, but here's the drivers, detail, and resulting market value-
  • Color-Red
  • Options-Active handling, Z51 Perf. handling pkg, Power convertibl. top, Chrome 08 wheels, 3LT w/Head up display, Heated sport seats, Power telescopic steering wheel, Dual zone air conditioning, Memory pkg, Onstar, Bose stereo w/6-disc,
  • Mileage- 34k miles
  • Condition- Excellent

…..$32,900

:thumb

The initial post was made back in May. It's now 1/2 way through August. If dealers are severely discounting leftover 2013s that's only because the 2014 C7 is right on the horizon.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

You know, I keep hearing people say you can buy 2013s for less than $40k. I've never seen them. And the cheapest ones I've seen are the striped down models, not high optioned verts.

Where have you seen these? I think I'm calling BS, west ridge.

If you would take five minutes and google new corvette dealers there are thousands of 2013s left for sale. The base models went quickly and were advertised at LESS than forty grand. Corvette forum has posts on some. For forty your not going to get a loaded convertible but there were base automatic coupes for this price.
Before you unload your mouth do some research. Sales don't hang around for you to pick and choose. Dealers are discounting 13s and ready for the next generation. Wake up, smell the roses, and don't forget to wash your mouth with soap. This is an adult forum with little tolerence for uneducated smut.

If you would take five minutes and google new corvette dealers there are thousands of 2013s left for sale. The base models went quickly and were advertised at LESS than forty grand. Corvette forum has posts on some. For forty your not going to get a loaded convertible but there were base automatic coupes for this price.
Before you unload your mouth do some research. Sales don't hang around for you to pick and choose. Dealers are discounting 13s and ready for the next generation. Wake up, smell the roses, and don't forget to wash your mouth with soap. This is an adult forum with little tolerence for uneducated smut.

So because new car dealers are selling their left over 2013s at "bargain basement" prices - means that used car dealers should dramatically drop their prices, regardless of what they are into their used cars for, in order to be competitive with new car dealers? That's what you're saying?

If you had bothered to do some research before you started pounding on your keyboard, you would have discovered something that might have confused you even more....

sold9014__640x480_2006convvictoryblktwotonechrome-014.jpg

I guess someone else opened their wallet instead of their mouth.

Since this is an adult forum, is there any reason why you are berating others like a schoolyard bully?

Mac

If you had bothered to do some research before you started pounding on your keyboard, you would have discovered something that might have confused you even more....

sold9014__640x480_2006convvictoryblktwotonechrome-014.jpg

I guess someone else opened their wallet instead of their mouth.

Since this is an adult forum, is there any reason why you are berating others like a schoolyard bully?

Mac

I would guess after it was in stock for many months they gave a huge over allowance for a trade or discounted it to get it pout the door. No one visits the site with the same cars over and over. With the number of used corvettes for sale there is no way this car brought 33k. I wouldn't believe it in a hundred years. This is the reason why so many C-6s are for sale by owners....... the dealers will offer less than low wholesale. Its a big game with false numbers. if your a believer good for you. I notice the used site is full of their cars or consignments. If they catch a huge profit, good for them. It doesn't make the merchandise worth the value.

OK, I spent 5 minutes on a google search and didn't find one new 2013 Corvette under $40k. Found a BASE coupe for $43k and I did find one new 2012 for $39k.

So, I still don't get what you're comparing. The 06 that you commented on was a high option vert for $33k and you implied that you could get a comparable new 13 for under $40k...where is this new high optioned vert for that price?

I guess my question is, if you don't like the prices of used Corvettes being offered, why not just go out and buy the new one? Why do you feel the need to comment on the price someone else is asking? Sounds like you are wanting to buy a really nice car for a price of a turd. Just saying.

I just looked over the inventory at my local dealer - 21 new Vettes and the cheapest was a base coupe at $44,800. The cheapest new convertible they have on the lot is listed for $62,100. Both are about 10K below MSRP.

Asking price of $33K for a used 3LT vert doesn't seem so bad to me.

I would guess after it was in stock for many months they gave a huge over allowance for a trade or discounted it to get it pout the door. No one visits the site with the same cars over and over. With the number of used corvettes for sale there is no way this car brought 33k. I wouldn't believe it in a hundred years. This is the reason why so many C-6s are for sale by owners....... the dealers will offer less than low wholesale. Its a big game with false numbers. if your a believer good for you. I notice the used site is full of their cars or consignments. If they catch a huge profit, good for them. It doesn't make the merchandise worth the value.

Therein is the issue. You guess.

Don't guess. Either you know, or you don't know.

Did you call them to ask them how long the car was in stock for? How much they bought it for? How much they sold it for?

In fact, there is so much guessing and assumption in your response, that I find little to any value in it, or in keeping this thread open.

The car is sold. Regardless of price or how many dealers across the nation are having a blue-light special on leftover 2013 Corvettes, someone came along and bought it. This thread and the responses are a moot point.

I would guess after it was in stock for many months they gave a huge over allowance for a trade or discounted it to get it pout the door. No one visits the site with the same cars over and over. With the number of used corvettes for sale there is no way this car brought 33k...

For the record, the closest thing I could find for 2013 Vettes- not 'verts- was $40k.
Find Your Car: Chevrolet Corvette Listings Near Louisville, KY 40202 - AutoTrader.com[CHEV[CORV[]][]]&minPrice=35000

And this is countrywide. And they were used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom