Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

2009 Chevrolet Corvette Z07

Z07

Can you say Ferrari. Looks like a cross between a horse and a bow-tie! :) Like the looks of the Z06 much better; but it looks great at le Mans finishing ahead of Austin Martin.

and what's with that duct on the rear decklid? Is it to keep your luggage cool?

Thats to pull a slight vacuum inside the car.....your'e gonna need that to remove the smell after you've crapped your pants on a 5000 rpm dump of the clutch!

That is gonna be one bad mother shut yo mouth!

Come on Texas Lotto!

....thats a funny photoshop picture....well i can tell you that it will be based on the LS3 and not the LS7 ....despite what motor trend has stated....The picture shown is a doctored photo from a Z06 and C6R.....cant you guys tell?

....thats a funny photoshop picture....well i can tell you that it will be based on the LS3 and not the LS7 ....despite what motor trend has stated....The picture shown is a doctored photo from a Z06 and C6R.....cant you guys tell?

I would say that nowdays most renderings of cars that don't exist are computer generated instead of being drawn by hand. You can look around the net and find some pretty cool freelance designs in 3D. A lot of guys are using photoshop to paint 70's style stripes on the Camaro concept. There's also a few Firebirds based on the Camaro concept floating around out there.

LS3?

Who is this new Tman08 speaking of such things???
:) Welcome, whomever you are!

The LS3 will be introduced next year, and it will be based on that particular engine displacement....and im new to this particular forum, but i do know this isnt a final picture (GM would officially announce it with the picture if it was...) also look at the wheels: the C6R 2006 uses BBS wheels, so why would you have the 2005 set on it??? also im almost 90% sure it was from the promotional pictures from 2005 of the 2 cars side by side....who ever fixed up the picture, they did a good job thats for sure.... :-/

I wonder if the final product will look anything like this or if GM would make some subtle changes to the body like they did with the ZR-1. It will be interesting to see what type of hood they'll use; I've always liked the look of the BB hoods from the late 60's / early 70's.

I wonder what LPE, Mallet, and the other tuners think of this. Will GM be stealing their thunder? How much different will this car be versus the supertuners doing a supercharger and engine mods to a C6-Z... ???

I wonder if the final product will look anything like this or if GM would make some subtle changes to the body like they did with the ZR-1. It will be interesting to see what type of hood they'll use; I've always liked the look of the BB hoods from the late 60's / early 70's.

Could the spy shot be of a test-mule vehicle? In other words, is a current vehicle being used to test the engine, hence the tacked-on SC bump?....

Could the spy shot be of a test-mule vehicle? In other words, is a current vehicle being used to test the engine, hence the tacked-on SC bump?....

That would be my guess; this is a mule to test components (engine, brakes etc.) and the final product will probably look much different.

I'm wondering how different this car will look compared to the other Corvette models. They probably won't go too crazy on design.

I wonder what LPE, Mallet, and the other tuners think of this. Will GM be stealing their thunder? How much different will this car be versus the supertuners doing a supercharger and engine mods to a C6-Z... ???

well Mallett actually works alongside GM...he helped with the development of the original Z06...u didnt hear it from me....besides hes doing pontiacs and caddy's mostly....i doubt it will take from the thunder...

That black ZO6 with the box on the hood is a mule that may be testing any part of the Blue Devil or just the generation 7 regular Vette, or both. We see them with some frequency doing road trips from the desert test center in Mesa.

Well what i can tell you is that the original picture isnt it....it appears that the hood scoop is either poorly blended into the rest of the hood or that this car isnt the exterior car, merely the interior version used for high speed testing. Personally i dont think they would not have that car withour camo on. For the C5 and C6 they would use different bodies for it (C5 they used Camaros and other cars and C5'S when developing the C6)...but this was mostly engine development.

Super Vette

Well, IMHO it won't have a tacked on hood scoop that's for sure! It will be nicely molded, and integrated; but that will probably be the only major difference- except for the drag-parachute in the rear bumper.:_rock

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom