Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Grand Sport 2010 MY: Return of the Grand Sport

For discussions related to a Grand Sport Corvette.

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
Since the cat was let out of the bag on another forum, I might as well not be the last:

Chevrolet will offer the 2010 in 6 models - yes 6:

1YY07 Corvette Coupe
1YY67 Corvette Convertible
1YY87 Corvette Z06
1YY87 Corvette ZR1
1YG07 Corvette Grand Sport Coupe
1YG67 Corvette Grand Sport Convertible

To the best of my knowledge, we will not see a return of the skunk-like paint job and don't expect to see any big power gains. I believe it will contain bits and pieces from the ZR1.

Think of the 2010 Grand Sport as a clone of the GT1 Competition model that was just unveiled. Essentially; just more marketing stuff. ;)

I know the rumor was thrown out there a coupe years ago, that GM might break the Corvette out into its own marque. When the ZR1 was added to the line-up, I started to wonder if there might be some truth to the rumor. Now we've got the GS coupe and convertible added to the line up... ;shrug

Any news on how much the GS's will cost? I'm guessing they'll slot squarely in the middle of the 25k gap between the base coupe and the Z06.

:thumb Jason

If it is more marketing than substance, it's understandable.

With something like 8000 unsold cars from 07, 08 and 09 in inventory, GM has a big problem in moving metal as far as the Corvette goes.

I think what they need is the "Tim Geithner Signature" Edition Corvette. It comes with a special feature in the sales contract that says if you get behind in your payments the government will bail you out.:thumb

I think what they need is the "Tim Geithner Signature" Edition Corvette. It comes with a special feature in the sales contract that says if you get behind in your payments the government will bail you out.:thumb

No, the "Tim Giethner Signature Edition" Corvette will allow you to skip out on paying the sales tax, and thus put you in line for a Cabinet position.

Skunks Rule!!!

My guess is that it will be pathetic, since the team that put together the '96 Grand Sport, led by the legendary John Heinricy, put their hearts and souls into creating something truly special to mark the end of the C-4 run, instead of making it an afterthought, which the 2010 0ne-of-six options is likely to be. How sad!!! : ( : ( : (

Spence
GSR Lifetime; Re-Owner \\ GS697

AIG edition, comes with an iron clad bonus after the payments are made for one year using treasury funds.....

Think wide body like the ZR1 and Z06. ;)

thats a great way for GM to go...

If its not too expensive...it will be one popular option!

I would have bought that on my new corvette and for the guys with an older corvette...I am sure they will line up for this new wide body Grand Sport option..

If I remember correctly the guys were paying close to 10 grand to convert there c6 coupes and verts to a wide body kit (with wheels etc)

At a 5 grand option package...its a slam dunk for success...

JMO

Again..... a sad attempt at selling cars based on the name of a success.

Mo

What Mo said. Whatever, it certainly won't diminish the value or enjoyment factor of our '96 Grand Sports, which themselves are just wonderful tributes to the original. If this helps keep Corvette as a viable brand, knock themselves out. It's all good. :thumb

The stripes work for me:thumb. But then as an owner of the 04 commemorative edition, I am somewhat biased. Wonder if it will get a blower?

2010 Grand Sport Corvette.....

Again..... a sad attempt at selling cars based on the name of a success.

Mo

What do you mean "a sad attempt?"....Your negative comments are not welcome here in this forum!...if you don't like the new GS, don't buy it!...we have to be supportive of GM and Chevrolet in this time of crisis, my friend!!...if you don't like Corvettes, then why do you own several?...can you explain that one to me??...it doesn't take a rocket scientist!!

I think the wide body corvette is the best attempt to sell more vehicles..

Corvette owners and new buyers will flock to the wide body grand sport ..

thats smart business..

Of course the wide body will require larger wheels and tires....so maybe GM will offer the grand sport with NON RUNFLAT TIRES!

Now if GM would add in direct injection and offer up another 10% horsepower that would be wild...yet I wouldn't count on that...(in this business enviroment)

so lets be hopeful we get a widebody with wider tires and wheels..

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom