Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

News: 2011 Corvette Z06 Carbon Limited Edition

Everyone hurry, and put down your deposits for $XXXX.XX over list. Take it from me - They can shove these special editions up their ### - they bring no money when and if you need to sell one!
I think you're missing part of GM's point. See the next quote.
Jim Campbell said:
“With a limited production of 500 units, this car is a must-have for the true Corvette collector and driving enthusiast.”
...with emphasis on the "true Corvette collector". These buyers aren't interested in what the resale value is going to be. Just as I'm not interested in the resale value of my car. I'll buy the car if I like it. And if I can afford to buy it "just because I like it", then I probably don't care about what the resale value will be. Anyways, the resale value on almost every car sucks until it's had a long enough time to appreciate in value. With a production run of 500, that leaves it fairly rare. Not as rare as the 427 edition, but rare when compared to the base model. But we're still talking about decades before it becomes truly valuable. And that's still a big IF.

Jim Shearer said:
Also, it lowers the value of my 2006 Z06.
Every new model year Z06 is going to lower the value of the preceding year(s) model.

catbert said:
More and more "special" models and fewer and fewer sales of the meat and potato model. Hello GM. With sales of 15,000 we now should be officially worried about the future.
I don't understand the correlation. We're talking 'price points'. If there are fewer and fewer sales of the base models at $50K (or whatever it costs), I think that would mean there's simply less people that can spend $50K on a base model. Introduction of a higher priced model won't effect that demographic. Is someone not going to buy a base model vette simply because they also can't afford a more expensive model/edition?

I think this next quote sums it up fairly well...
Jim Campbell said:
The Corvette Z06 Carbon Limited Edition is another example of the expanded Corvette line-up. Five years ago, customers had the choice of a Corvette coupe or convertible. With the addition of the Z06, Grand Sport coupe and convertible and ZR1, Corvette enthusiasts now have more choices than ever.
For years, people have complained about not being able to customize your car. You got a coupe or a vert. Period. "Where are all the RPO's?!?!?" Now GM is effectively giving us the RPO's again, albeit expensive ones, but choices nonetheless. And now people gripe about it. How is GM to win in that situation? No options? People bitch. Available options? People bitch.
Me personally, I like having options. "If I can drop $50K on a base model, can I scrape up a few more pennies for an RPO?" I like having the option and I think it's a good move by GM. I think we should be thanking GM for doing this.

Sticker delete

Can I order one with the "sticker delete" option? :D

They sent the 2009 Competition Sport cars last year to the dealers in the back of the car. You had the option of leaving them off or putting them on.
I expect this will be the case once again on this car.

Could you imagine this car as a Callaway SC652 ! This would be excellent !

"Corvette Rod"

!:v

Amazing car.
Are you like me?
Married with young kids. I only own a slightly modified '99 coupe, and an NCRS Top flight '70 LT1. Lucky to have what I have, and barely have time to drive either vehicle.

Man, must be nice to be rich. But I'm a happy guy just owning my used 02 C5 and modding it slowly over time to be just the way I want. If I hit the lotto though, that carbon series would be my choice, just drive it to the track, go like hell and drive it home.:)

As many thoughts and opinins as guys and thier cars...I'm like most of you guys, just a regular hard working guy who has a deep passion....I was lucky to buy my first Corvette brand new and special order in 1993, I'm sure that will never happen again, BUT I still have my C-4 and I also have a really nice '03 Anniversary roadster, I would love to have more......( many more) BUt like others have said, I'm damn lucky to have what I have and it is always nice to dream , it would be dull of we all had the same top drawer ride. I agree tho, they are all getting expensive, but again, I buy it and enjoy it because I LIKE it. I'm sure if I spent the kind of money they want for a new Z-06 or ZR1, I'd be scared to drive it for fear of some Yahoo damaging it for me.....thanks for an intersting conversation and good points to mull over...just some random thoughts boys....

Here's my wifes comment when I emailed the pictures:

"Wow now that is smokin HOOOTTT!!!!"

This is GOOD news :thumb

GM probably has ordered a lot of ZR1 brake kits and rear spoilers and they're not getting enough ZR1 orders, so presto, a new limited edition ZO6 is available with all the extra brake kits and spoilers and MagRide.

Next will be a limited edition Grand Sport with the ZR1 wheels, spoiler, brakes and MagRide. I might be able to afford one of these. ;)

Have to agree with Evolution1980 - I like the options and I did not buy my Vette worrying about resell value. I plan on keeping it until I die or give it to my son (or both). :)

Very sweet looking car - can't wait to see the orange one!

Looks nice! I'm sure the carbon Brembo brake package would be great; but I really love my Lingenfelter supercharged convertible, and I already have a full rear spoiler, plus the ZR1 style chin splitter and side skirts, DSVettes custom leather interior, and many other performance and cosmetic goodies.
DSC01419.jpg

This kinda pi$$e$ me off at GM. I spent $120,000 for a ZR1 and I think they lowered the value of it by coming out with this Z06. Also, it lowers the value of my 2006 Z06.

Oh well, I guess you can't blame them for trying to make as much money as possible.

Are you for real?

You would have to be a fool to think newer and better Corvettes aren't going to be released...

:eyerole

And quite frankly, I don't think this competes with the ZR1 at all. It's a very limited edition run, and doesn't even have the same engine.

Nice looking Vette!!

I will put that one on my list of wants........someday.

:beer

Everyone hurry, and put down your deposits for $XXXX.XX over list. Take it from me - They can shove these special editions up their ### - they bring no money when and if you need to sell one!

Well, at least the positive, but expensive technologies get tried out, tested, and eventually trickle down to the 'base' models...:thumb

Well, at least the positive, but expensive technologies get tried out, tested, and eventually trickle down to the 'base' models...:thumb

And that's why the base model is so expensive that GM has priced it out of the reach of its' intended market. And now they are worried that the average age of the new Vette buyer is pushibg 60 - DUH.

Are you for real?

You would have to be a fool to think newer and better Corvettes aren't going to be released...

:eyerole

And quite frankly, I don't think this competes with the ZR1 at all. It's a very limited edition run, and doesn't even have the same engine.

I fully expected new and better corvettes to be released. I was just hoping there wouldn't be one so similar to the ZR1. It appears the limited edition Z06 will have everything the ZR1 has except the engine. Brakes, suspension, ground effects, spoiler, etc. Most of the visual queues except the window will be gone. The new Z06 is even going to have a carbon fiber roof although it may not be exposed carbon fiber.

I guess if it didn't have SO MUCH of the ZR1 parts I would feel a little better.

So this "special 1 of 500" car should be around $90,000. If you can buy a used ZR-1 for 3 or 4K more I 'm not sure why anyone would want this new car. If they were building less than 100 maybe but not when, for almost the same money, you could be in a ZR1.
Should be interesting to see if they sell.
Bob

Not yet. I believe they'll release pricing closer to the launch date.

Since the performance is somewhere betweena Z06 and a ZR1, expect the price to fall somewhere between them, as well

I fully expected new and better corvettes to be released. I was just hoping there wouldn't be one so similar to the ZR1. It appears the limited edition Z06 will have everything the ZR1 has except the engine. Brakes, suspension, ground effects, spoiler, etc. Most of the visual queues except the window will be gone. The new Z06 is even going to have a carbon fiber roof although it may not be exposed carbon fiber.

I guess if it didn't have SO MUCH of the ZR1 parts I would feel a little better.

Well aren't all Corvettes pretty much the same with a few exceptions. I mean a convertible is the same as a coupe except for the soft top. If you're buying your Corvette for investment or resale value, you're missing the whole point of being passionate about the car itself. To me that is a foolish game. Hopefully you bought your ZR1 because you love the car, not for the return on your investment...we'll all be dead before that happens!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom