Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

2014 C7 Beautiful Poll

2014 Corvette Stingray C7 poll

• I love the new 2014 Stingray

Votes: 54 38.0%
  • The new design is awesome once the shock wears off

Votes: 15 10.6%
  • I really like some elements of the new Stingray but dislike others

Votes: 27 19.0%
  • My impression of the new design is mixed; some good, some bad

Votes: 16 11.3%
  • Overall I'm disappointed in the new Stingray but still like some elements

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • What were they thinking?

Votes: 20 14.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was on the edge after my 1st couple of views but when I blew the pictures up I kinda liked it. I'd still like to see one first hand before passing judgment - I've already changed my mind about it so many times in the past 1/2 hour or so.

Scooooooor!

The air intake is not 100%, they could have gone to the archives for something a little prettier, but on the whole, I like this a lot more even than the ZL1 Camaro.
I do not know why I would not purchase one, and am already planning to do so. The only question I have is how many iterations of this coupe will they have? A Grand Sport? A ZR1? (I think that is out of my price range) On the whole, without going to mid engine and maybe gullwings, this is about as good as it will get for a design that started out as the c5. I cannot see myself spending a nickel on a new Camaro when you can buy this beauty. I Kept saying out loud "oh yeah!" I like just about every view of the car except the unambitious air intake.

This is an affordable supercar. A middle class guy with some gumption and a plan can buy this car. Bravo GM!

To soon to tell

Difficult to make a decision from pictures... Ide like to sit in it to check the rear views.. Looks like trouble.. But time will tell. Nose hood sides roof look beautiful imo... Interior looks just unreal. Great job.. Rear window looks odd at this point and a side window??? Hmmm tail lights are not Corvette... Why did they do this? Corvtte is corvette... Camaro is camaro.. Ill see it in ny soon.. But overall... 9 outta 10 imo...

I would be interested to see how the convertible looks. Also, I can do without the black wheels - give me chrome !

Like others have said, I'd like to see it in person before passing final judgment. I'm sure the performance and handling are impressive, but my impression of the styling from the photos: just because you call something "Stingray" doesn't make it so... :( Frankly, the styling of the C7 does not make me want to run right out to my local Chevy dealer to replace my C5's. In fact, I personally think buying a classic Stingray is money better spent than on a C7...

Last edited:
Hi;
To be honest, I would have to see one in person before making any decisions
on buying one, will they still make a ZR 1 ? version.

like others have said, i'd like to see it in person before passing final judgment. I'm sure the performance and handling are impressive, but my impression of the styling from the photos: Just because you call something "stingray" doesn't make it so... :( frankly, the styling of the c7 does not make me want to run righ out to my local chevy dealer to replace my c5's. In fact, i personally think buying a classic stingray is money better spent than on a c7...

ditto

Not impressed with the design but again the C6 was not as good looking as the C5. The values of the C6's will drop like a rock after the C7's hit showrooms.

Bottom line a 911 might be in my future.

Porsche's have looked a glorified VW for since their inception. Can't figure out why vettes continually pound 911's on the track and mileage and yet you still don't like it..Oh well, each his own. Me....I like it.

Are you kidding me?

I don't want one, even if won it in a raffle.

The rear is horrible and the light-show front end is already fatigued and a way-overdone fad.

Then, I was very early on saying how poor the C6 seats were, but at least it was a styling hit. True, kinda looks like a Ferrari, like a Toyota, like a Lambo, like a zzzzzzzzzzz(snoring). I always felt the Corvette was a leader not a follower in the auto world.

I reserve the right to change my mind after seeing it in other colors and/or in person. :w

Last edited:
Porsche's have looked a glorified VW for since their inception. Can't figure out why vettes continually pound 911's on the track and mileage and yet you still don't like it..Oh well, each his own. Me....I like it.

I wish I could "Like" this twice. lol

You really cannot compare a Porsche with a VW. The 911, btw, gets great mileage and their interiors blow away the C7.

I'm going to hold off on any judgement calls on the new C7. I remember when the C5's were first introduced and all the comments, myself included, said it was ugly. Guess what I bought in 2003? No, I'll wait and hold my comment until I see it in person although I am imagining it lowered with HRE wheels. BTW...I recently purchased a Carrera and I only have a 3 car garage. Something's going to have to sit outside with my wife's Camry.

Bottom line a 911 might be in my future.
;LOL

Don't let the door hit you on the way out and, when you get that 911, make sure you also get one of those aftermarket, super wide mirrors the ricers like because you'll need to see really well out the back--so you don't get run over by C6 Zs and C7s.

Thanks for setting up the Poll Mac. The setup looks fine.

It will be interesting to see the results.

Roger

that little Stingray emblem they are making a big deal about looks stupid as heck to me.
That stupid little Stingray emblem has a lot of history behind it; going back over 50 years. It carries a proud heritage from the Stingray racer that was designed by Bill Mitchell.
In the hands of Dr. Dick Thompson, it made its debut at Maryland's Marlboro Raceway on April 18, 1959. It went on to win an SCCA National Championship in 1960.

I like it, now send them to Australia!

World class sportscar...should be available in RHD format and be available in Australia.

Again, the Corvette has a proud American heritage, but is a world class sportscar!

:v

Tony

Last edited:
:madCall me old fashioned, but why didn't they retain the targa roof? And those tail lights have to go. If I wanted a Camero, I would have bought one. Very disappointed.

The C7 screams to be finished in black.

Last edited:
Miss the round tail lights. Also needs stingray script. The script looked so neat in the 60s and 70s. That stingray charm looks stupid.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom