Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

2014 C7 Beautiful Poll

2014 Corvette Stingray C7 poll

• I love the new 2014 Stingray

Votes: 54 38.0%
  • The new design is awesome once the shock wears off

Votes: 15 10.6%
  • I really like some elements of the new Stingray but dislike others

Votes: 27 19.0%
  • My impression of the new design is mixed; some good, some bad

Votes: 16 11.3%
  • Overall I'm disappointed in the new Stingray but still like some elements

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • What were they thinking?

Votes: 20 14.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I like all the technical and mechanical up grades but I don't like the body. To much going on. I like the cleaner look of the C6.

Hope my initial reaction sticks! This Stingray is truly gorgeous and I WILL part with my beloved C5 to own one !!! I even like the back the more I see it from different angles! :thumb

So GM I'm and old fart I can buy one and will as soon as I can get my hands on one and pull the trigger. :happyanim:

I would be interested to see how the convertible looks. Also, I can do without the black wheels - give me chrome !

Yes, i agree. i am having a bit of a hard time picturing the convertible.

And I am also not a fan of black wheel s alltogether,
but still really like this car! :lou <<<----I love this little guy.

Overall I'm good with it.....a bit anti-climatic with all the leaks that went on over the last few months......it'l grow on me as the years go by and someday if they make a GS...I may have to own one....but for now I'm good with what I got.......

Read just about EVERY post and I echo the majority of sentiments such as,"Miss the round tail lights", "back end looks way too much like a Camaro", "Viper clone", etc, etc.
I'm sure, just like when the first C4, C5, and C6 were announced, I didn't like them, but over time I grew to love them. As of right now I'm just not feeling it for the C7. I'll keep my C5 for now and maybe in the future I'll spring for a C6 GS ! :thumb

;LOL

Don't let the door hit you on the way out and, when you get that 911, make sure you also get one of those aftermarket, super wide mirrors the ricers like because you'll need to see really well out the back--so you don't get run over by C6 Zs and C7s.

I second you too Hib.

The Stingray has returned...

I thought about that too. But I don't think it will make a big difference in the blindspot... The split window would be worse, same reason they shut it down. I did love the wrap around glass, but it looks like they killed that off and the round tail lights with better results than when they killed the hide away head lights.

Maybe it has a backup camera, those are becoming more and more standard these days.

Mike

I really like it! I have only very minor "ehh"s, none of which would keep me from jumping on this car immediately if I had the cash in hand. (except maybe knowing that every year the car gets better, so do I wait or jump? Ya gotta jump at some point!)
Even better though, is that the wifey like it! :thumb That always makes things easier, :L

I'm kinda surprised, from what I've seen of the auto show pics thus far, is that there have been no engine bay pictures. :confused

I really like it! I have only very minor "ehh"s, none of which would keep me from jumping on this car immediately if I had the cash in hand. :confused

My first impression was bad, but I quickly realized it was the garish color that put me off. There's a small version of the car in dark gunmetal that looks quite nice, although count me in with the group who doesn't care for the roof treatment. Full hatchback glass is my personal preference and the blind spot wings look more like a 240Z than a Corvette.

Lots of good points and a few very bad ones. I'm thinking the convertible will cure a couple roof issues.

I like it from the front, it looks stubby from the sides and the back is kind of 50/50 to me. I'll bet the custom shops will have lots of body-mod kits ...

FWIW, I like it. I like the way the backup lights are integrated into the taillights, which do appear to be LED. As far as the appearance of the lights I think they look fine. I mean, the C5 had oval taillights, and what was the HiPo C4 that had the sort-of-rectangular taillights? The interior looks fantastic (I see no parking brake lever, just a switch...curious how that works) and the possibility of obtaining a saddle brown interior is a plus. I see from the GM site that the top is available 3 ways: painted CF, Black CF or transparent... Can't wait to see one live!

I love the car!! It is sophisticated, sleek, edgy, very modern...as it should be. The Corvette could not stay the way it was (although I love the C5 and particularly the C6). It was time for a major change, and I think GM pulled it off. :upthumbs

I'm anxious to see one up close but right now, I love the whole thing!! :happyanim:

Elaine

I like the car overall, but I do not like the taillights, and I'm going to have to see the "stingray" in person and on the car before I make a final decision. I hope it makes it to the Columbus Auto Show so I can see it sooner rather than later.

Bottom line, I would still buy it because it is still a Corvette!:Steer

My opinion. Way over the top. I do not like much about the exterior styling. The rear quarter windows and back glass look like a rear view nightmare. As for the interior, I like the new layout, but what will make or break it will be the quality of materials. Hope the navigation system has been upgraded. Like the seats. Overall it makes me love my 2013 C6 that much more. Time will tell.

Last edited:
I like the C7 but havent seen any specs like outside dimensions and weight etc. Anyone found them yet?

I really like it!!! Home Run for GM!!! :thumb:thumb:thumb:thumb

I'll have one in the future if I can fit in the darn thing....................

My wife likes it a lot. The car looks awesome in gray. She sent me the links below.

First look: The new 2014 Corvette Stingray - Video - Personal Finance

Cool cars from the Detroit Auto Show - Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (11) - CNNMoney

I like the tail lights and its not unusual too see BMW (like the 1 series 7 series) and Mercedes entire product line to have some common cosmetic features. In the area of front end and nose.

Keep in mind the rear tail lights and rear quarter panal are functional vents. This feature is from Le Mans racing experiance. This helps the Corvette man handle Ferrari, Porsche, Aston Martin and anyone else who wants to step in the ring.

Not sure how it would have looked with round tail lights. The rear end looks more Lexus LFA than anything else.

Lexus LFA - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
My vote: I really like some elements of the new Stingray but dislike others

I don't like the Camaro-esque tail lights, but they'll probably grow on me.

I don't like the Audi-esque headlights, but they'll probably grow on me.

I was never one to complain about the interior of the C5/C6, other than a complaint or two about the seats perhaps not providing enough lateral support. So while the interior looks nice, it won't affect a buying decision... which I'm working on with the better half... good luck to me with that! She seems to feel that we don't need two Corvettes! :nono I don't want to lose the LT4 in order to buy one of these!

Overall, I like the body shape and the style. It's a nice mixture of modern looking sharp edges and Vette curves. When I look at it, I see a Corvette.

Also, there's a C4 vibe about it that I like! (says the C4 driver... ;))

:Steer Save the Wave!!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom