Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

2014 C7 Corvette Stingray Unveiled!

I'm liking it - a lot.

I like the racing inspired features. Even the tail lights are okay with me. I can see why they when with this style of tail lights so that they would fit in with the cooling air exhaust vents from the trans and diff.

I like the interior. Can't wait to see it in person.

I really like the car overall. the styling up front I think it GREAT!! Tail lights ... not so much.

I am impressed with the interior though. Seems like a big upgrade as I thought the c6's interior was it's downfall.
I just hope it is bigger than it looks for I hope it comes with a can of crisco for the guys my size. :ugh

Overall thought Lots of :cool!: and hopefull lots of :lou

Looks pretty good. But not a fan of the rear end.
I was unable to find the park brake lever in the pics. I hope it doesn't have an electronic parking brake.

cdvision, Welcome to the :CAC
Yes, the car has an electronic parking brake. One of the reasons it was chosen it because it frees up more center console space for the driver.
I don't see it being a major issue if you have automatic trans, but a p-brake is definitely nice to have with a manual trans. It also will ruffle feathers with people that like to use the p-brake to aid in power slides. But I reckon that number will be exceptionally low.
---

As for the rear end, as I stated last night, it's slightly disappointing. However, the more I looked at it, the more it kinda grew on me, so I suppose it will continue to do so. Yes, it is reminiscent of the Camaro, but it looks better than the Camaro's implementation.
I'm fairly certain that ACI in Toledo, Ohio is likely planning a replacement rear end with oval taillights.
The rear of the vette seems to change throughout the lifecycle of the car. They didn't change much from their original design in the C5 & C6, but if you go back and look at the C3's & C4's, they were changing quite often. It's very possible that GM will modify it in a few years, either due to functional requirements or general preference. Or maybe they won't. There's been 59-60 years of Corvettes. I doubt there's ever been year that everyone liked every styling queue of the car. I really like the C3 shark styling but find the base C5 exceptionally bland and boring, inside and out.

Few of us have the resources to purchase every Corvette that we love. I think most are happy with what they have; There's a reason they bought their particular car over another one. So for those that don't like a particular vette, it's no big thing- they wouldn't buy it anyways! For those that do like a particular model, it gives them something to look forward to in hopes of potentially owning one.

:thumb

it's awesome! Love it! I see alot of influences from the C4 vette. :thumb

Especially the cockpit/console wraparound effect. Very similar to my 93 C4 dash but much better materials and finishes.

Mike

I was unable to find the park brake lever in the pics. I hope it doesn't have an electronic parking brake.

Yahoo's pictures clearly show a switch marked "P" beside the MagRide control knob behind the shifter. A lot like the electric parking brake on my CTS V. No complaints from me there as the electric parking brake works great on the V and automatically releases when you release the clutch.

No more analog guages, looks like TFT to me. IMO, cheap and ugly. Hope I am wrong, but pretty sure I'm not. ;)

I like what I see so far, though the rear has to grow on me a bit more. I will say that the low light image makes the rear look better, I like how the lit lamps look.

I'm a fan of the edgier, creased look and can't wait for performance tests.

2014-Chevrolet-Corvette-034.jpg

Other items I forgot to mention in original post.

Like what I can see of the interior, a throw back to the C4 cockpit. Like the different IP display modes as well.

FINALLY! Supportive seats worthy of a vehicle with this type of performance. This was a huge gripe in my C5.

The benefit of being away from Corvette for the last few years is that I wasn't up all last night waiting for the reveal. I was just pleasantly surprised this morning to see all the photos and intros. :)

Just uploaded approximately 80 more photos of the C7:

2014 C7 Corvette - NAIAS - Corvette Gallery

Again, remember - these are raw, unedited photos...taken quickly before spectators or media walked in front of me, or got in my way. LOL

Other items I forgot to mention in original post.

Like what I can see of the interior, a throw back to the C4 cockpit. Like the different IP display modes as well.

FINALLY! Supportive seats worthy of a vehicle with this type of performance. This was a huge gripe in my C5.

The benefit of being away from Corvette for the last few years is that I wasn't up all last night waiting for the reveal. I was just pleasantly surprised this morning to see all the photos and intros. :)

A LOT of attention to detail was paid in creating a cockpit feel with the C7!

Hmmmm.

A tad too aggressive for my taste. I really liked the look of my C5, especially the nose end, and I like just about everything on my C6 coupe, esp. with the addition of the Billy Boat exhaust ports. I went to the Chevrolet web site and the pictures they show of, I presume, the base vette look good: 2014 Corvette Reveal | Chevrolet

Dave

it's awesome! Love it! I see alot of influences from the C4 vette. :thumb

That's what I thought when I saw it. So I'll say that you've made an excellent observation! :thumb

The overall shape reminds me more of the C4 than it does the C5 or C6.

Overall, I like it. Futuruistic, but you know it's a Corvette when you look at it.

I'm hoping the Camaro-esque tail lights will grow on me.

Now, I just gotta figure out a way to buy one...

:SteerSave the Wave!

Last edited:
After seeing the pictures today, especially of the red one with the black wheels and red interior, I am seriously in lust! I would even trade my '04 Z06 for a base Z51 C7, even up - something I never would have done with a C6! Heck, I would even throw in my '70 Convertible in on the trade! Seriously, that car looks wicked. I'm glad they made it different, something Chevrolet had always done in the past with the different 'C' models - until they got to the C6 which looked pretty much like a C5 with different front and rear fascias. I like how they addressed things in the interior like padding for the drivers knees so they didn't get so sore during track days (I've never been so sore in my life than I was after putting 180 miles on my Z06 on the track one day) and a grab handle for the passenger (I had to find places for my daughter to grab while she road with me on the track day and point them out to her ahead of time. Anyway, I like it!

After seeing the pictures today, especially of the red one with the black wheels and red interior, I am seriously in lust! I would even trade my '04 Z06 for a base Z51 C7, even up - something I never would have done with a C6! Heck, I would even throw in my '70 Convertible in on the trade! Seriously, that car looks wicked. I'm glad they made it different, something Chevrolet had always done in the past with the different 'C' models - until they got to the C6 which looked pretty much like a C5 with different front and rear fascias. I like how they addressed things in the interior like padding for the drivers knees so they didn't get so sore during track days (I've never been so sore in my life than I was after putting 180 miles on my Z06 on the track one day) and a grab handle for the passenger (I had to find places for my daughter to grab while she road with me on the track day and point them out to her ahead of time. Anyway, I like it!

I can tell you that a ton of attention was paid to interior quality and detail, and that Audi interior quality was targeted as a goal.

It does, you can see the switch on the console - hopefully it will have an auto release as you let the clutch out so that you can use it to hold the car when you are stopped on a hill.

I like what I see so far, though the rear has to grow on me a bit more. I will say that the low light image makes the rear look better, I like how the lit lamps look.

I'm a fan of the edgier, creased look and can't wait for performance test

Thanks for posting the low light picture - I was just wondering how the tail lamps would look after dar - I figured they would look good and they do!

I pretty much like the C7's front look, albeit a bit bat mobile futuristic.
Now its the back end that is uninspired. The pictures speak for themselves.

2014-Chevrolet-C7-Corvette-1-e1347656150994.jpgcarscomrear.jpg

It still kick azz and takes names for sure.
Hope it makes C6s more affordable as I need a good preowned vette.

CAMARO Rear?!! Really?

Wow, we can all save $30K and just get the camaro! If I ever get one, I'll get a C6 rear clip and mold it to put the correct round tail lights in! Probably be a big seller at all the performance parts sites!! I was really hoping the early peek pics were simply to hide the real rear end...Maybe a C8 for me!:puke

Hate the ass end

Wow, we can all save $30K and just get the camaro! If I ever get one, I'll get a C6 rear clip and mold it to put the correct round tail lights in! Probably be a big seller at all the performance parts sites!! I was really hoping the early peek pics were simply to hide the real rear end...Maybe a C8 for me!:puke

When I first saw the video of the new C7, the first thing I thought was GM made a 2 seat Camaro. I like the front and side views and it does look great in black with black wheels but that rear end has to go.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom