Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

2014 C7 Corvette Stingray Unveiled!

This + black rims = Awesome!

WOW!!!!

DSC_0540.jpg

I have resisted to comment until now so that the new design can "sink in". I am still not a fan of the rear end or the taillights. There is a picture on Chevrolet's web site(#14of 20) that shows a Grey C7 from a front/side angle that is absolutely stunning. I think when we all finally get to see the car in person we will Love it.

I have resisted to comment until now so that the new design can "sink in". I am still not a fan of the rear end or the taillights. There is a picture on Chevrolet's web site(#14of 20) that shows a Grey C7 from a front/side angle that is absolutely stunning. I think when we all finally get to see the car in person we will Love it.
If you haven't already done so, run back through the photos I have in the Gallery here. The link is posted on the second page. I uploaded a ton of new photos of the Cyber Gray C7 that I took today.

I can agree with everyone here,
but a Corvette with a front grill
WTF???

The C7 is totally over designed in every body panel. They had too much time and just kept on adding details. the rear is the worst. The shape of the tail lights and the fake little vents next too them. How childish!

From the reaction to your post, it's obvious that you should have said "fake-looking little vents", but you're absolutely correct: whether all the vents are real or not, the black finish they chose for them does make them look cheap/fake. The same goes for the black top...they aren't really serious about the black top, are they?

...you'll notice a big difference between a C7 and a Camaro when they're parked next to one another.

Yes, one of them has styling that is, at least, appropriate to the car...and the other is the C7.

...The butt however looks too much like the Camaro, put as much lipstick on it as you wish, but the pictures don't lie. Im also not that keen on having the Vette fall in line with Euro designs to get a wider appeal. In both these cases, to me… an engineer… this is leading from behind; not being the leader of the pack that others follow. When we look to Europe and their designs for inspiration or have to borrow from other existing designs, then IMHO the Vette is no longer inspired but rather perspired...8)

:thanks::thanks: I couldn't agree more. Well said!

WTF???

Exactly! Even the grill looks slightly Camaro...

As Kirk Bennion explained to me at lunch time, the Red one is meant to appeal to more track/performance oriented folks. The Cyber Gray one with the tan interior is meant to have more of an Aston Martinish feel and appeal to folks looking for more of a high performance boulevard cruising GT.

Great. Now I have to buy two. I need a sponser.

Tom

Very well explained rob, i am with you.

I'm not questioning truth. Because automotive design, whether you like it or not, is in the eye of the beholder.

I just find it ironic...that within minutes of registering here, you spewed a pile of bullshit...we'll call it...."your OPINION" about the C7.

I'll leave it at that....

:cool!:
And another thing, we Vette lovers always add parts to our cars, and I am sure that somebody will design something to make look better what the owner wants to improve in the vette.

:happyanim:Better start another FORUM on the net called "JAP VETTES" made by GM.

Real Corvette lover are laughing at the 2014 model. U need to keep your good name with this action

Wow, I'm actually fairly offended by your post, and I'm not Japanese, or even particularly PC. An intelligent person can express their opinion without resorting to the use of an epithet.

And btw, please don't try to speak for me :nono , as I am just as much of a "Real Corvette lover" as you (and have been since childhood, when my Uncle bought his silver '68 roadster.) :v

I can guarantee that I am not laughing at the 2014 model.

WTF???

:confused Doesn't the C6 have a front grille? Even the C5 has two small, split grilles on the front.

Now, the C4... there's a Vette without a front grille! You must be a C4 lover, like me! :beer

C7 back window "copied"?

Had a chance to look at latest (March??) issue of "Corvette Magazine and on page 25 is an ad for Hennessey showing a white C6 with a similar rear window/quarter window treatment... And then some of my acient brain cells woke up and remembered seeing something similar before - and on page 92 there it was - an ad for California Supervettes' C6 add-on pieces to create a "ZLR" - same ad was in the previous month's issue. So which came first: the Hennessey/California Corvettes mods of the GM design????
Anyone else see this?

Bruce
Vette in winter storage -dang it

WTF???

Check out the grilles on the C1s. For the first Ten model years the Vette had a prominent grille.

Last edited:
WTF???

Every Corvette built from 1953 to 1982 had a front grille. The 1968 to 1982 has two front grilles.

Only from 1984 to 1996 did the grille disappear.

Every C5 and C6 have front grilles.

:w

Last edited:
Functional side ports (or shark gills)?

Are the side ports or shark gills functional on the C7?
I know that the design intent on some cars with these is to draw away either engine compartment or wheel brake heat, but is th is true for the C7 with its huge ones?

On my C4 1990, the 3 gill slots are open to both the outside and the engine compartment, but hardly free flowing as there are many things in the air flow path.
On my C3 1974, it appears that they are there for looks and non functional.

I know that the design intent on some cars with these is to draw away either engine compartment or wheel brake heat, but is th is true for the C7 with its huge ones?

On my C4 1990, the 3 gill slots are open to both the outside and the engine compartment, but hardly free flowing as there are many things in the air flow path.

Yes they are fully functional.

As Rob has previously stated and to give minor elaboration- There are no cosmetic vents on the C7. Every one of them has a specific function.
As for the C3 & C4, the vents do function, just not as well since there's no physical, closed channel between the intake and the exit. Regardless, they will still function as certain laws of fluid dynamics are still in play. :thumb

2014 Corvette

Reading thru these threads it's is obvious everyone is entitled to their opinion. After following the GM teasers and pictures of the C7 in Car and Driver, I actually like the
new car. I also see the Ferrari and Camaro likeness in parts of it, however, it is a crisp new car evolving from a C6. As a multiple C2, C5, C6 owner, this is as radical as
the C3 from a C2. However, I will want to see it in person and especially drive one on the track to see how it compares to a C6 model. I am curious about what the convertible
would look like and would wait awhile to see the bugs worked out before purchasing the C7. However, the new interior and especially the seats look like a vast improvement
over previous models. I am sure when they hit the road, most people will want one.

Looks pretty good. But not a fan of the rear end.
I was unable to find the park brake lever in the pics. I hope it doesn't have an electronic parking brake.

It does.

BTW, I love the electronic parking brake. Have one in My CTS-V. And love the car!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom